Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current status of iOS app
Hey, I just bought my first smart phone a few weeks ago, and even then really just for testing purposes. I've not even gotten around to getting a number for it yet, so it's still not actually a phone.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(06-14-2017, 08:29 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Hey, I just bought my first smart phone a few weeks ago, and even then really just for testing purposes. I've not even gotten around to getting a number for it yet, so it's still not actually a phone.

He's an interesting flip side to this saga.

I have 2 iPad V1s.  Over time I've been able to use them less and less, because of apps that require a newer version of iOS than these support - they are frozen forever at 5.1.1.  I hauled them out recently, and brianmount's two apps - CQC Client and CQC remote - still run perfectly.  And there are no nasty popups from Apple warning me that they need to be updated soon or they will no longer continue to work.

Who says newer is better?

-Tom
(06-14-2017, 08:29 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Hey, I just bought my first smart phone a few weeks ago, and even then really just for testing purposes. I've not even gotten around to getting a number for it yet, so it's still not actually a phone.

So you have an iPod touch then?   Smile
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
I just updated one of my newer iPads to iOS 11.  It looks like CQC Remote is terminally broken.  It doesn't even launch.  CQC Client appears to still work, but the configuration I tested is extremely simple, so don't take my word for it.

I'd love it if someone got the code for CQC Remote from Brian and at least tried to compile it for iOS 11.  The Client product isn't as necessary anymore with the HTML 5, but there's no substitute for Remote.

-Tom
My CQC Client still works on my iPhone on iOS11 - I don't use Remote so no comment there.

My iPad 2 is stuck at iOS 10 so I'm all good on that front :-)
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current iPhone Client To-Do List brianmount 13 6,491 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey