Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current status of iOS app
If you are using the RIVA IOS client you should upgrade and test the new CQC release. I have been testing hard past few weeks and it has greatly improved the speed and most importantly the stability. ( I wanted to get at least one post on the forum that I am not complaining  Smile  )
Can you give 5.1.2 a chance when you get some time? I've made some more tweaks and want to make sure it's still happy and either a bit better still or at least as good. It should be at least more efficient internally wrt to how many buffers it needs I think. If it is at least as good in terms of performance as stability as it was, that's a good step forward.

These were things found during the process of beginning to transition the RIVA engine to the web server. So I've been digging in quite a bit and made some changes to the buffer pool manager and found some things that could be better which I went back and applied to the current RIVA server. It's working very well with the auto-generated interfaces, but I've only tested so far with the Windows RIVA client.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Will do more testing over the weekend but only noticed so far(and not sure it wasn't there before).
If I pause the Polk XM driver
When I go to the screen with the XM Driver data(Channel, NUm, CurArtist, Cur track, Signal Quality,etc).
   On IOS Riva:   Screen shows all "???" in data fields and then I get "(reconnecting)" and goes back to main template.

On Android Riva:  Screen shows all "???" in data fields and  fields all start flashing between white and black like it is trying to do something in the data fields.
   On Windows Riva:  Screen shows all "???" in data fields and acts normal(of course)

See logfile attached from the IOS test that I get "(reconnecting)"

I can reproduce this with pausing the driver or having the Polk unit powered off(driver is offline).

Not a show stopper just a minor annoyance. Will remember to turn on Polk power before going to XM screen as an interim work around.

Attached Files
.txt   log file.txt (Size: 2.35 KB / Downloads: 1)
(06-09-2017, 04:23 PM)kfly Wrote: Should have said
I can reproduce this with pausing the driver or having the Polk unit powered off(driver status is  "Wait for Connect").
Oy vey! OK, let me look at this. I don't think it happens with the Windows client, so I didn't notice it. It's acting like the client isn't processing messages, so the queue is filling up.
Dean Roddey
(06-09-2017, 04:30 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Oy vey! OK, let me look at this. I don't think it happens with the Windows client, so I didn't notice it. It's acting like the client isn't processing messages, so the queue is filling up.

Dean
How do you test IOS RIVA apps? Do you have an iPad at your disposal? Probably will need it for HTML5 testing (or whatever you come up with)
I don't have anything to directly test iOS clients. Though it would be of limited usefulness since I don't have the code. I did recently get a little Android phone for testing of the new HTML5 stuff on Android. In this new HTML based scenario of course I will have the code, so it'll be more helpful.
Dean Roddey
(06-12-2017, 10:05 AM)Dean Roddey Wrote: I don't have anything to directly test iOS clients. Though it would be of limited usefulness since I don't have the code. I did recently get a little Android phone for testing of the new HTML5 stuff on Android. In this new HTML based scenario of course I will have the code, so it'll be more helpful.

I have an iPad Mini that my wife never used. You can have it if you think it will help with some testing? Let me know and I will put it in the mail.
Actually, now that you mention it, some one sent me one a long time ago. I know nothing about them, or how to even get started so I have never done anything with it. Maybe I'll break that one out once the HTML5 client is further along.
Dean Roddey
(06-12-2017, 03:58 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: Actually, now that you mention it, some one sent me one a long time ago. I know nothing about them, or how to even get started so I have never done anything with it. Maybe I'll break that one out once the HTML5 client is further along.

Dean, your an anomaly in today's world: either you've intentionally avoided all things "i", have been too busy to do more than go out for takeout, have an irrational phobia of iPads, secretly have a growing collection of every iPad model ever made and play it down by feigning ignorance of how they work, or simply aren't interested in the i-world and the world hasn't forced you to use one yet.

Big Grin
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current iPhone Client To-Do List brianmount 13 5,497 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey