Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current status of iOS app
Hello, everyone. I recently got the following message from Apple about CQC Remote, which indicates that the app will be removed from the store if it doesn't get updated soon. Now this is CQC Remote, not CQC Client. I have the feeling like nobody ever used CQC Remote, which was the one which made use of the XML Gateway interface. Everyone seems to have wanted to make the graphical templates in the CQC editor. So if nobody is using Remote, then we're fine for the moment.

However, I suspect that, at some point, I will get the same kind of message for CQC Client, so it might become important. If I read Apple's message correctly, existing installs won't stop working, but nobody will be able to download a new install from the App Store.

I don't check the forums any more, so if anyone needs to contact me, my email is brian AT mountford.net.

Brian

===================

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:51 PM
From Apple
Dear Developer,

On September 1, 2016, we announced that we’re implementing an ongoing process of evaluating and removing apps that no longer function as intended, don’t follow current review guidelines, or are outdated.

We noticed that your app has not been updated in a significant amount of time.

Next Steps
To keep your app on the App Store, submit an updated version for review and make sure it follows the latest App Review Guidelines. If you are unable to submit an update within 30 days, your app will be removed from the App Store until you submit an update and it is approved.

If Your App is Removed
Your app will remain fully functional for current users. They will experience no interruption to services, will still be able to buy in-app purchases, and can re-download the app while restoring from an iCloud or iTunes backup. However, we recommend that you update your app as soon as possible to reinstate it on the App Store and ensure that it remains functional and engaging for new and existing customers.

You can continue to use your current app name, as your app has not been deleted from your account.

Additional Information
Learn more about changes to the App Store and keeping your apps up-to-date.
App Store Improvements
App Review Resources
Debugging Your Apps

Best regards,
App Store Review
I actually use(d) CQC Remote at times. While the CQC Client is nice for normal operations, having the remote was helpful when I was trouble shooting or "playing" with the system. With the Client, you have to create a button, etc to change things while with the Remote I have access to pretty much any driver or system setting. This has obvious benefits when you want to dive a little deeper into sections of the system that you may not use normally and therefore haven't built a graphical interface for.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
(01-11-2017, 11:14 AM)sic0048 Wrote: I actually use(d) CQC Remote at times.  While the CQC Client is nice for normal operations, having the remote was helpful when I was trouble shooting or "playing" with the system.  With the Client, you have to create a button, etc to change things while with the Remote I have access to pretty much any driver or system setting.  This has obvious benefits when you want to dive a little deeper into sections of the system that you may not use normally and therefore haven't built a graphical interface for.

Yes, I thought there were a lot of advantages to the Remote approach. You don't need to build an interface for everything, and the app can use its knowledge of the device size to automatically scale things properly -- both problems people have discussed with the Client.
I use it sometimes, too, and I wouldn't want it to become unavailable for any future idevices I might acquire, though I realize it could break due to an Apple change anyway. If it's not to onerous, please consider doing the minimum it would take to satisfy Apple and keep it available. I hope you will keep us apprised here, and thanks for the app.

-Tom
There is no point in relying on any of these iOS apps if no one will be actively developing or maintaining them. It would be best to abandon them at this point.
I actively use the CQC client. It would be unfortunate to see it go away. Please do the minimum necessary to keep it available if it's not too much trouble. Thanks
I too use the CQC client; primarily for lights and sonos. It would be a bummer to loose access via my i-devices.
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
(01-22-2017, 07:52 PM)rtarver Wrote: I too use the CQC client; primarily for lights and sonos.  It would be a bummer to loose access via my i-devices.

Me Too!
If the CQC client is the once that is based on the Riva protocol then I use it all the time. If its the other one that uses the xml stuff then I don't use that.

I don't think either should disapear and I don't appreciate apple's stance. Just because there are no updates does not mean its abandoned. Just a message from the author to indicate that it is still current should suffice.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
I use CQC client daily to control my garage doors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current iPhone Client To-Do List brianmount 13 6,402 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey