Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current status of iOS app
Hello all. I got an email from someone saying that the iOS app has stopped working for them after a recent iPad update. I am out of the loop on this these days. Is there someone in particular I should point them to for help? Thanks.

Brian
brianmount Wrote:Hello all. I got an email from someone saying that the iOS app has stopped working for them after a recent iPad update. I am out of the loop on this these days. Is there someone in particular I should point them to for help? Thanks.

Brian

<he groans> I knew there was a reason I kept hitting 'remind me later' on my 3 i-devices. And believe me, iOS is serious about reminding me to upgrade; probably greater than 5 times a day. Need to figure out if I can turn that off.
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
i have the code from brian, but never submitted the app to the store. it matters not, because i no longer have the resources to update it.

brian wrote the app, but at this point i think it would be best to open source it (or send it to a CQCer with app dev skills).
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G
Its running for me OK. 9.3.4 (9.3.5 is waiting to be installed)

My son installed the beta for ios10 (iPad air) and its working fine there.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
It may have just been some unrecognized environmental change that just needs to be re-adjusted.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I can confirm Riva App is broken iPhone 7 iOS 10.1.1

I can no longer use the app on this device. Gestures work as expected but all the buttons respond in an unusable manner. If you spam the button with presses it will engage the action but totally random and sometimes as many as 10 presses.

Other than that everything seems to work.

iPhone 6 iOS 10.0.2 works perfectly fine. I'm amusing the problem is not device specific and related to the iOS update.
Also to turn off Updates on your iOS device it's

Settings > iTunes & App Store > Updates

Toggle the switch off. Should stop the nag and the inevitable auto update from happening. Confusedhock:
So apparently because Apple messed up and had to update the Kernel. This also forced them to stop signing iOS 10.0.3. So at this point if you have upgraded to 10.1.0+ your stuck there. I just downgraded to 10.1.0 hoping maybe Riva App would work but no luck. It's 10.0.3 or bust.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/10/27/...ts_kernel/

Crap..
I am running 10.1.1 on my iphone 6 and it appears to have no issues at all.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
That's strange. I wonder what the difference is.

I swapped my 10.1.1 phone today for one on 10.0.1 and the app works again.

Anyone else with experience one way or the other?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current iPhone Client To-Do List brianmount 13 5,423 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey