Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help figuring out projector serial control!
I have a Wolf Cinema Grey Wolf 4K and have been running the On & Off with an IR Emitter on my GC-100. While it's been pretty reliable, I'd like to try the serial communication. The projector does IR, Serial and LAN, but there's no detail available on the LAN.

They show the serial commands in Hex format. This is to turn the projector on:

PC > This unit: 21 89 01 50 70 31 0A

Is this usable with the Generic Serial Passthrough? I've been trying it with no luck.
I haven't done this in years, but the first thing I did when I was trying to code a new one up was to use hyperterminal to establish a direct serial connection and get it to work. That way I knew the port itself was working and it was my CQC skills.
------------------------------------
Devices I'm phasing out: ISY, NuVo
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Set it to use binary format, set the 'decoration' to none, and pass the value as is in your example.

If that doesn't work, check the stuff from the previous time, i.e. baud rate is correct, enable control lines, and try with a null modem adaptor.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
IVB Wrote:I haven't done this in years, but the first thing I did when I was trying to code a new one up was to use hyperterminal to establish a direct serial connection and get it to work. That way I knew the port itself was working and it was my CQC skills.

In this case it's a binary protocol, so it would be a bit trickier with a terminal.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:In this case it's a binary protocol, so it would be a bit trickier with a terminal.

I played two soccer games with no subs last night then went drinking until midnight so I might be tired, but that looks like Hex, not binary...
------------------------------------
Devices I'm phasing out: ISY, NuVo
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I meant binary as opposed to ASCI or some other printable text format. The values are expressed in hex radix of course.

If the terminal program allows you to enter hex pairs as text and it'll convert them to binary for transmission, then it would be easy enough.
Dean Roddey
And how do we set it to use binary. Remember, the only technical terms I know are "Oh crap, it's not working".
Dean Roddey Wrote:I meant binary as opposed to ASCI or some other printable text format. The values are expressed in hex radix of course.

If the terminal program allows you to enter hex pairs as text and it'll convert them to binary for transmission, then it would be easy enough.

RealTerm allows you to do this in many different formats - hex, octal, binary etc

Eg 0x0d for ascii code carriage return in hex (decimal 13)
Deane Johnson Wrote:And how do we set it to use binary. Remember, the only technical terms I know are "Oh crap, it's not working".

Remember that's one of the driver fields. There's a SendBinMsg and SendTextMsg. Use the SendBinMsg to take the values you write to it as hex values, convert them to binary and send them out.
Dean Roddey
Hercules will also do this for serial testing. Just like the testing done previously with the blinds, you can pass the binary data (in hex) to the projector using hercules - thats why its my preference over hyperterminal.

Appears they have Ethernet on boards as well that allows control.

Is there anything documented or is it all hush hush!
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jandy Pool Control avtexan 20 1,890 06-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC to PowerView Hub via Serial Driver Deane Johnson 18 1,209 05-14-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Use single On/Off/Slider to control group jkmonroe 3 1,229 08-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Serial Commands for Hunter Douglas Hub! Deane Johnson 65 6,738 07-19-2016, 07:26 AM
  Harmony Hub Device Control jkmonroe 6 2,014 07-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  how deep is your (echo voice control) love? IVB 197 15,751 05-23-2016, 08:47 AM
  Problems with App Control in 4.8.3 update MikeA 2 1,168 04-07-2016, 07:29 AM
Last Post: MikeA
  Control surface - am I heading down a rat hole? kjaerligkatt 3 1,495 02-06-2016, 10:52 AM
  Serial Terminal options? IVB 21 3,941 01-24-2016, 10:43 AM
  Tivo control question MikeA 21 5,955 12-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Post: dogman