Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IVB testing, more folks jump on!
I deleted the 4.8 CQC directory and started from scratch - worked this time. On a nit picking point, the second install screen gives a lised of "Installed" and "Not installed" devices, but at this point nothing is actually installed. This refers to stuff that will be installed later - maybe just a list of tick bokes.

The release notes still refer to 4.7 not even 4.8

I tried creating a new user, but there seems to be no place to enter a password in the dialog box so I cannot login under the new Name.

I tried creating a Simulated device, but got an error box saying CQCSimDrvS not found. However, it does seem to have created an entry in the list view with the correct monica "Oppo", but no fields. Now I cannot delete it as I get an error box with "Could not query configuration for driver "Oppo" if I try.

PJG
OK. I stopped and then re-started the Admin Interface and the broken simulated "Oppo" driver has gone. I have at least been able to load a CQCVar driver and set up a couple of fields. Previously, with the damaged CQCSimDriver in place, I kept getting GUI errors when I tried to setup fields in the Client tab.

PJG
we should use the official beta discussion thread for the convo, i started this mainly to give people a heads up about what i found to work & not work as several said the official thread was moving too fast.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
pjgregory Wrote:I deleted the 4.8 CQC directory and started from scratch - worked this time. On a nit picking point, the second install screen gives a lised of "Installed" and "Not installed" devices, but at this point nothing is actually installed. This refers to stuff that will be installed later - maybe just a list of tick bokes.

Yeh, probably for a new install they should say Install. Oh, but wait, that doesn't mean that they will actually install, since you can still disable them as you go through the options.

Quote:The release notes still refer to 4.7 not even 4.8

Yeh, this code was split off before 4.8 was begun. I never update the release notes until close to the release date, so I don't have to keep messing with them.

Quote:I tried creating a new user, but there seems to be no place to enter a password in the dialog box so I cannot login under the new Name.

That's as designed. I should have some text to that effect on that dialog box. The default password for all new accounts if Welcome, which the user can change, though I don't think that's implemented in the IV yet, which is the only program that non-admins can run.

Quote:I tried creating a Simulated device, but got an error box saying CQCSimDrvS not found. However, it does seem to have created an entry in the list view with the correct monica "Oppo", but no fields. Now I cannot delete it as I get an error box with "Could not query configuration for driver "Oppo" if I try.

PJG

There is device simulator anymore. I'm going to drop that. There are instead a set of more realistic, separate simulator drivers for thermos, security, etc...

I'll look into the issue of not being able to remove a driver that fails in that way. I'm sure it's just that the client got it into its list, but it didn't get actually configured. Probably if you restarted the client, it wouldn't show up next time, which would prove that. I'll make sure that failed ones don't get into the list.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
pjgregory Wrote:OK. I stopped and then re-started the Admin Interface and the broken simulated "Oppo" driver has gone. I have at least been able to load a CQCVar driver and set up a couple of fields. Previously, with the damaged CQCSimDriver in place, I kept getting GUI errors when I tried to setup fields in the Client tab.

PJG

Oh, OK, you beat me to it. That's what I was suspecting. The admin client added it to its list even though it failed to install. It was never anywhere but the admin client, so once you restarted it, it went away. I'll set up a purposeful test of that sort to load a non-existent driver and see what all is happening.

And I guess I need to remove the manfest for the old device simulator since it's not going to be ported forward.
Dean Roddey
pjgregory Wrote:I tried creating a Simulated device, but got an error box saying CQCSimDrvS not found. However, it does seem to have created an entry in the list view with the correct monica "Oppo", but no fields. Now I cannot delete it as I get an error box with "Could not query configuration for driver "Oppo" if I try.

PJG

OK, yeh, the last thing it was doing was removing the tree entry. But if the driver remove returned an error from the CQCSErver hosting the driver, that meant the tree update was never done. So I moved that up to after the configuration for the driver is removed, so that it always gets done, no matter what happens wrt to trying to remove the driver from the hosting CQCServer.

BTW, you could have also refreshed that host in the tree and it would have gone away as well, since it was just there in the local tree but really gone. The refresh causes the tree to re-sync with the server.

Anyway, that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
Dean Roddey
I just upgraded my 4.8.3 production system to 4.8.909 with no issues whatsoever on the master server. The master hosts 3 RDP sessions to Kindle (Android) clients that are running RemoteRDP. No issues there. There are about 10 devices and all came forward correctly.

There is one PC client. I forgot to 'run as administrator' so the first install failed as there weren't enough privs to update the menu links. Running as admin solved that minor quirk.

I do have a couple of log messages from the PC client; I am guessing that they are innocuous and caused by network latency (The PC is on the wireless network):

07/16 12:55:41-CoCo, CQCClService, CIDOrbClientSpoolThread1
{
CIDOrb, CIDOrb_ClientBaseHelpers.cpp.727, Failed/Lost Connection
The server at 192.168.1.96:13502 has closed the connection
<CQCClService> CIDOrbUC_NameSrvClientProxy.cpp - 307

}
07/16 12:55:54-CoCo, CQCClService, CIDOrbClientSpoolThread4
{

}
07/16 12:56:41-CoCo, CQCClService, ClSrvMasterThread
{
CIDOrb, CIDOrb_ClientBase.cpp.927, Failed/Timeout, Error: 1008/0/0
The server at 192.168.1.96:13502 did not reply within the requested time. Proxy class=TCIDNameSrvClientProxy
<CQCClService> CIDOrbUC_NameSrvClientProxy.cpp - 115

}
07/16 12:57:12-CoCo, CQCClService, CIDOrbClientSpoolThread5
{

}
07/16 13:05:12-CoCo, CQCClService, ClSrvMasterThread
{
The server at 192.168.1.96:13507 did not reply within the requested time. Proxy class=TCQCSrvAdminClientProxy
<CQCClService> CQCKit_CQCSrvAdminClientProxy.cpp - 392

}
07/16 13:05:48-CoCo, CQCClService, ClSrvMasterThread
{
The server at 192.168.1.96:13507 did not reply within the requested time. Proxy class=TCQCSrvAdminClientProxy
<CQCClService> CQCKit_CQCSrvAdminClientProxy.cpp - 392

}
07/16 13:06:23-CoCo, CQCClService, ClSrvMasterThread
{
The server at 192.168.1.96:13502 did not reply within the requested time. Proxy class=TCIDNameSrvClientProxy

}
07/16 13:06:58-CoCo, CQCClService, ClSrvMasterThread
{

}
Mark Stega
That's the client service on that machine. Is that all of them? If so, then it's likely just a startup issue because it's pretty light weight and comes up fast. If it didn't continue, then yeh, it would be nothing to worry about.
Dean Roddey
pjgregory Wrote:OK. I stopped and then re-started the Admin Interface and the broken simulated "Oppo" driver has gone. I have at least been able to load a CQCVar driver and set up a couple of fields. Previously, with the damaged CQCSimDriver in place, I kept getting GUI errors when I tried to setup fields in the Client tab.

PJG

OK, well that kicked off a whole series of things that I just now got worked out. Though, in the end, it's much more efficient and handles this kind of situation correctly.
Dean Roddey
I went into the admin interface and tried to open the customize node and received the attached popup. BTW, a "copy" button to capture the error message would be nice on the error popup.

Attached Files
.png   CQCAdmin_2016-07-17_08-55-01.png (Size: 26.55 KB / Downloads: 6)
Mark Stega

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insteon ISY V2 Driver Testing Shaky 21 3,699 03-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Testing... Dean Roddey 2 1,107 05-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey