Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IVB testing, more folks jump on!
also in the GC client interface, I don't see anything as an option under "blaster". Should there be?
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
IVB Wrote:hmm, i saw that they were enabled in some prior version, but now I can't find that screen and neither driver has serial as available fields. Is it the client interface or the field browser?

sorry just found it under Configure.Ports. Yes all serial ports enabled.
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
here's something interesting i just noticed. Two of my GCs have IPs against them, the one thats hooked into a driver thats not working says "localhost".

The 2nd interesting thing is that I named the drivers "GC100-LivRm" but its not named as such.

Finally the 3rd interesting thing is that I had removed the "GC attic" driver as part of the prior test, but never put it back. However the concerto which is linked into that is working. Not sure how its connected to the GC when there isn't even a live driver on it.

[Image: 1a7LDWX.png]
Are you maybe confusing the GC-100 driver and the GC-100 serial port support? They aren't related at all really. So the screen above purely controls whether the serial ports are available. The driver provides access to the actual GC-100 functionality. So you have to have the driver loaded to get blasting, relay, etc... support.

You need to change localhost to the actual IP address. If that's the one not working, then that's why. It has to set some legal IP address initially so it just puts local host in there, but you need to change it to the actual IP address.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:Are you maybe confusing the GC-100 driver and the GC-100 serial port support? They aren't related at all really. So the screen above purely controls whether the serial ports are available. The driver provides access to the actual GC-100 functionality. So you have to have the driver loaded to get blasting, relay, etc... support.

You need to change localhost to the actual IP address. If that's the one not working, then that's why. It has to set some legal IP address initially so it just puts local host in there, but you need to change it to the actual IP address.

The Concerto is hooked up to the GC-Attic and is working, but there's no driver currently loaded. How is that possible?

The Marantz is hooked up to GC100-LivRm2 (which is localhost). I've tried reconfiguring it, i'll try deleting and re-adding it now.
As I mentioned, the driver and the serial port support are completely different things. The serial port support is purely driven by the above screen. The GC-100 driver doesn't have anything to do with the serial ports really. They aren't really part of the GC-100 functionality per se even, it just passes through anything that you send to a given IP port (which is a different one from what the other GC-100 functionality uses.)

On the IP address, just click it to change it to the actual IP address.
Dean Roddey
ugh. Man this 12 years of prior CQC experience is killing me, I wouldn't even have thought about clicking on it.

FYI, it now works. Oddly enough, with one bad GC IP, none of the GCs were showing up in the add-driver dialog. Now that I fixed it, they're all showing up.
OK, I know probably why that's happening. I'll look at it. I'm probably only catching errors around the whole processing of the list instead of around each individual GC-100 port configuration.
Dean Roddey
I am on vacation with the family and have a spare morning, so I tried to install 908 on my laptop. This was configured as a client machine under 4.8 connected to my master server.

I tried an update install of 908 with the master server located on this machine instead. Probably no surprise that the installer failed. Log file attached. I will try deleting all the old 4.8 directories and running a new install instead.

PJG

Attached Files
.txt   CQCInstall.Txt (Size: 4.58 KB / Downloads: 3)
There's a bunch of data updating going on, and it looks like that combination makes it look for something that doesn't exit. I'll try it here and see why that is happening.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insteon ISY V2 Driver Testing Shaky 21 4,881 03-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Testing... Dean Roddey 2 1,225 05-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey