Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IVB testing, more folks jump on!
In talking with a few folks offline, more than just 2-3 folks are holding off upgrading. I think we need more folks testing this. I bought CQC somewhere around August 2004, so i'm fighting 12 years of established thinking. I'll keep this list updated with the bugs or issues i'm having, but don't take my chatterbox'ing as a reason to hold off if you can handle some instability. I'm finding that much of my struggles is due to this being totally new.

As of 7/13:
What i've tested:
  • in the middle fully redoing 99% of my screens as I need to go from portrait to landscape due to RDP limitations. Upside is that I can use the same screens for iPhone as Nexus 6P, despite the 6P being FAR higher resolution. RDP will image scale.
  • Added various events
  • confirmed my triggered events work fine
  • confirmed alexa works fine
  • the new browser on the left ROCKS. SO much easier to quickly browse & retrieve stuff.
  • the right side attributes is completely the right direction.

Current Bugs [against .908]

Stuff I care about
  • USER ERROR: global cache serial ports not showing up in add driver
  • FIXED: copy/paste template doesn't work
  • FIXED: changing template size doesn't redraw template until you click off it and back on
  • FIXED: bottom align set to left align
  • image editor: no paste path for an image (there is a copy path)
  • FIXED: image editor: open image thats already open throws error
  • (can't test until wife home) riva unusable on iPhone, font scaling/selection doesn't work
  • states: showing widgets on states doesn't work
  • USER ERROR: Marantz driver doesn't work. (See this thread for a full list of my devices, everything else does work.
  • FIXED every time I try to add a FieldProgressBar image widget, the AdminClient freezes.
  • FIXED: trailing text on field numeric widget doesn't show correctly in the editor but works fine
  • NEW: Can't open *any* image files via double click. Right click-view works fine.
  • Clicking add field in "Edit Driver Fields" for sample variables driver doesn't appear to do anything, but NewField1 added to bottom.

Stuff I don't care about/post 5.0 future requests:
  • FIXED: cosmetic only: if an event/file is deleted and window is opened, its not force closed
  • FIXED: taRiva doesn't work. Switching to RDP though, and this allows me to scale and have a single set of images, so I don't mind AT ALL. Matter of fact I may never go back to taRiva as JKMonroe is skooling me on how to secure my RDP setup.
  • multi-selecting widgets and leaving attributes tab open, allowing user to set multiple widgets to same (color/font/size/whatever)

I'm also still struggling with the Microsoft RDP app on Android. Sometimes it scales, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure thats PBKAC but there's only so many hours in the day despite being on mini-sabbatical. And I'm supposed to be cleaning the basement, thats a 50+ hour job....
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Of your care about list, copy/paste is done for the next drop. Bottom align is fixed. Widgets states I'm doing right now. Open an image that's already open is fixed.

What's wrong with the Marantz driver? It should be fine since it wasn't changed at all.

On the Global Cache thing, I just don't know what's going on. I've tested this repeatedly and it works fine. Let's see if hopefully we can get some more data points on this.

Actually, in the don't care about list:

You can already select multiple widgets, and actually the selection system is vastly better than it was before. This is from the first post in the beta thread:

Quote:
  • In the Intf. Editor, the lasso type selection has been improved. The normal lasso picks up any widgets that intersect the dragged out area.
  • If you hold down Alt while you swipe, then only those that are completely contained within the dragged out area are selected. This can make things much easier.
  • Also, when you select widgets and use the alignment tools (in the Tools tab to the right of the editor area), the normal scenario is that everything is aligned by the first widget selected (if you lasso select then the one with the lowest z-order.)
  • If you hold down Ctrl, it aligns to the left-most, right-most, etc... i.e. the side you are aligning to (left/top most if centering.) If you hold down Ctrl-Shift, then it does the opposite of Ctrl, i.e. if left aligning it alights to the right most, if top aligning to the bottom-most and so forth. Again, offering a lot more options.
  • You can now lasso select even if you hit a locked widget at the start of the swipe, so that's a lot more convenient. You don't have to make sure to start a swipe on the template background.
  • Grouping is much more flexible now in that you can individually select widgets within a group and move them around and change their configuration. Any operations that require the whole group to be selected will be ignored when you have any partial groups selected. Use Ctrl click to select an individual widget in a group.

Once you have them selected, the buttons in the Tools tab will allow you to set/change fonts. Ctrl-Arrowkeys will adjust the size of them all. I still need to add a color set button to the Tools tab which will allow you to set all their colors. I can do that today.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
even better, seriously more folks upgrade, I'm really fighting 12 years of experience. I really like the new editor, I just need to re-orient my mind to a different way of thinking. IE, just having attrib & tools on the right, with those abilities, is really fast.

For multi-select attributes, as many things as you can let us set the better. I have screens with 20+ widgets where they all need to be identical. Same color, font, size. Heck, even the images need to be the same, but I realize thats far too difficult.
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
Actually images isn't hard either. The use copy/paste attributes lets you get very specific about attributes to copy between widgets. So get one right, copy its attributes, select the rest, and do paste attributes and select what stuff you want to apply.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Of your care about list, copy/paste is done for the next drop. Bottom align is fixed. Widgets states I'm doing right now. Open an image that's already open is fixed.

What's wrong with the Marantz driver? It should be fine since it wasn't changed at all.

On the Global Cache thing, I just don't know what's going on. I've tested this repeatedly and it works fine. Let's see if hopefully we can get some more data points on this.

Actually, in the don't care about list:

You can already select multiple widgets, and actually the selection system is vastly better than it was before. This is from the first post in the beta thread:

Once you have them selected, the buttons in the Tools tab will allow you to set/change fonts. Ctrl-Arrowkeys will adjust the size of them all. I still need to add a color set button to the Tools tab which will allow you to set all their colors. I can do that today.

right now the only button is the increase or decrease size. As part of a post 5.0 request, can you please add an absolute size button? IE, let me type in 24 point, all items go to 24 point.
That would be something for the popup menu, which could go in the section with Set Size and Size To Content I guess.
Dean Roddey
Actually, the ultimate solution for that, which I just can't do for this initial release, is to allow the attribute editor to show you all of the common attributes of all of the selected widgets. Then you could make a change and it would apply to all of them. That's something for 5.1 or 5.2.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Actually, the ultimate solution for that, which I just can't do for this initial release, is to allow the attribute editor to show you all of the common attributes of all of the selected widgets. Then you could make a change and it would apply to all of them. That's something for 5.1 or 5.2.

That would be perfect. My take is to leave current solution as-is and don't waste time until you can do that.
I feel like there is a new drop soon. I'll try it when it comes out. Confusedhock:
--Kill all the serial ports--
How many of you doing active testing are using VM instances? My CQC (also from 2003/2004) controlls my whole house. In addition, I have a number of PDL drivers that I have written and I don't think the PDL editor is converted yet?

I will have wait till things are more stable before I jump in.

PJG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insteon ISY V2 Driver Testing Shaky 21 3,712 03-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Testing... Dean Roddey 2 1,110 05-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey