Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.0 Preview Stuff
Got a couple more videos done today. These are in the 'tutorial series', which are the ones designed to take you through from installing CQC to a small but realistic setup.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...m8gOuJR84l
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I got another couple videos posted today. Here's the overall 5.0 playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKu1lnd...TgUDkpZgpE

I'll get another drop up tomorrow which will have a number of fixes of things noticed while doing the videos. It also now has a lot more written documentation, and it's better organized, and it has more quick links to commonly accessed info. It also has a /Help/Videos section that is sort of like the Youtube playlists, but is able to provide more discussion of each video and such. It just includes links to the Youtube videos so you can view them easily from there as well.
Dean Roddey
I just put up another couple videos, which are in the playlist above. I got them done despite all odds seemingly.
Dean Roddey
I just posted 4.8.934. Only a few really small things were found in this last round, so it would seem it's getting pretty tight. Give it a try. It's basically what it will be for the 5.0 release here in a few weeks. Being official won't make it work better, so give it a try now when we can quickly fix any small issues you might find and have them taken care of for the official release.
Dean Roddey
Could someone who is a Redditer make a short post about our Halloween sale/5.0 release thing? I know there are some folks there who would be interested in this, but I don't want to get smacked for spamming.
Dean Roddey
I got a few more videos up today, listed in the playlists referenced above as usual. It wasn't due to any cooperation from the freaking back stage crew, or my brain for that matter. It's just ridiculous how many ways you screw these things up.
Dean Roddey
I put up a couple more videos just now. Those were only ridiculous to get done, which is an improvement over maddeningly ridiculous.
Dean Roddey
Youtube keeps recommending me my own videos under the Politics category. Not sure what's up with that. I know that home automation played an important role in Brexit and relations with North Korea, but still.
Dean Roddey
You gotta love it. I did a post on Reddit about the release, and of course the only two responses so far are basically snarky comments about the web site. You used spaces to space out some words on your web site, why would I buy your product? Sometimes I really just hope there's a big asteroid on the way.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Preview of new Web based RIVA client Dean Roddey 317 10,304 1 hour ago
Last Post: kblagron
  Room config HTML based app preview Dean Roddey 5 712 11-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  4.8.2 preview Dean Roddey 18 1,225 01-26-2016, 12:59 PM
  Exporting and Importing Stuff pjgregory 1 936 10-06-2013, 12:45 PM