Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To: Have CQC know (and announce) the fuel remaining in your car
not really a feat IMO. We have echo already turning anything on and off so starting a car is not that big a deal.

Now, if you slur your words, Alexa says "Your drunk - I wont let you drive" - then that's something. or "I don't recognise your voice, your are not the owner"

Put her in the back seat and let her become the back seat driver.
"Your going too fast, slow down"
"Don't use so much fuel, I'm not made of money"

Then we could see the battle between the wife and alexa when driving to see who is the best back seat driver .....

I struggled to see the benefit of doing this with fuel, but I just realised I have two years until the kids start driving and I can guarantee that based on their performance now, they will be leaving the tank empty, so this will be a good reminder for them/me.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
knowing the fuel level of the car can be rolled into a morning routine. have your morning TTS announcement tell you all of the usual things, but also something like "You may need to put fuel in the car today." as a little reminder to leave 5 minutes early.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G
I fuel up once a fortnight. I am blessed with 180L tank and a 125L tank which both get me over 1100km/tank.

I never come close to running out of fuel.

Unfortunately my cars are too old to try this with as well. One does not even have a single computer in it (imagine that - an unintelligent car! and it works as well.)
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
Holy cow.

Australia? Australia...
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
znelbok Wrote:I fuel up once a fortnight. I am blessed with 180L tank and a 125L tank which both get me over 1100km/tank.

I never come close to running out of fuel.

Unfortunately my cars are too old to try this with as well. One does not even have a single computer in it (imagine that - an unintelligent car! and it works as well.)

180L = 47 gallons
125L = 33 gallons

1100km = 680 miles

damn. i have a 12 gallon tank and routinely get 500 miles per tank, if all interstate i can go near 600. unfortunately, that's about 5 days of driving. <sad face>

it might be time to upgrade to something with a computer. :-D
do the needful ...
you get 50mpg?

I get 21. dang.
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
on the interstate in Eco Pro mode, but who the hell wants to do that?

i have a diesel. the torque and mpg's are awesome.
do the needful ...
I tow a 9000lb camper, milage is no object. May put a kiwi on the truck, using a Galaxy tab A 8" for gps and rear camera monitor, may add the automation to monitor my transmission and oil temps, hmmm...
I really don't feel like getting gas but I can't make the round trip without more. Wife on travel, I should get a second kiwi so I know if I can take her car instead.

Or maybe a global action that gets the gas for me. Driverless cars can't come soon enough.
Went to setup other car and realized this approach only works with one car per device. Torque logs don't have the adapter ID.

I have a Nexus 5 with a slightly cracked screen that i'm not using, I'll see if I can set that up in the front of the house, leave Torque running, and see if it'll connect & grab the fuel level as the car is pulled into the driveway.