Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CQC Media Repo - Sonos
Dean,

I remember years ago someone was using the CQC media Repo to manage internet radio streams. With all the changes is this still something that would work? would V1 or V2 be better?

Id like to be able to use a cover art browser with associated images to manage my sonos playlists. Similar to movie libraries.
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
You can always create a faux repository that doesn't actually point to real media. If you set up the Sonos with the streams you want to use as favorites, then you can just set the names of the title sets (and the one collection inside them) to the names of the favorites. Set the path to something bogus, since it won't matter.

Use Movie type media since they only have collections, no tracks. When you get an on selection type event for the collection, grab the title set or collection name runtime value and use it to set up the station on the Sonos.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Just what I was thinking. I'll give it a shot tonight.
I think this is going to work. I am using the location of the file to save the URI for that station. If I remember correctly I can call the location RTV. Now I just need to figure out the commands to play something.
Yeh, you'll get various bits of info as runtime values, the location info being one of them.
Dean Roddey
Dean,

Should I be able to to manage more than one media Repo? I have added a second for some TV stations stuff and While the repo manager acts like its letting me select the second repo it always ends up opening the first one.
Hmmm... Yeh, it should allow you to select another one. Does it act differently if you select the other one at startup of the manager? I.e. it always gets the right one then, and only fails if you try to change it? Or will it only open one even at the start up of the manager?
Dean Roddey
It only opens one, even at the start up.
It's allowing you to select one to load when it comes up, right? It should always give you a choice when it first starts. Is it showing both of them here?
Dean Roddey
Yes, it gives me the option to select the repo but when the manager fully opens its always on the SpotifyStations repo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sonos amp Dean Roddey 3 8,756 09-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Sonos going public? Dean Roddey 0 2,405 07-07-2018, 10:08 PM
  Scheduling next webinar (Sonos/TTS) IVB 6 2,481 02-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Uverse and Sonos kblagron 5 2,687 01-20-2017, 11:29 AM
  Lutron adds support for Alexa and Sonos ControlFreak 2 2,367 12-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Last Post: dgage
  Sonos opens its platform to Spotify Connect and Amazon's Alexa batwater 14 4,305 09-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  A compact, CQC slash media box Dean Roddey 5 1,470 08-10-2016, 09:09 AM
  Sonos TTS potts.mike 35 6,273 03-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Sonos Opinions zra 51 9,078 01-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Question for Sonos Owners jkmonroe 23 7,217 09-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Last Post: kfly