Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.8.2 preview
I think I can upgrade tonight, 10pm or so. I'm going to try and move the master server to another pc this weekend too, and relegate current server to secondary status.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I think all of the bad going back to work vibes out there must be leaking out. I had a dream last night that would have caused Salvador Dali to make an emergency call to his shrink.

A couple weeks ago I actually had a lucid dream. I think it's the first one I've ever had. It was short but pretty amazing. And it was a lucid dream within a dream, so pretty Inception type stuff. It was really cold, and I always worry about everything, so I dreamed I woke up and went to look at the thermostat. For some reason it was this huge, complicated, multi-screen thing showing all kinds of complicated graphs and images.

Suddenly I thought, this isn't my thermostat, I must be dreaming. If so, I should be able to levitate. So I concentrated on it and levitated up off the ground. Unfortunately I then woke up. But it was a serious rush there for fifteen seconds or so.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I am still desperately clinging to my XP master server... I doubt 4.8.x will work
not really a fan of win10... to much spyware... does technically work fine as a steam machine though (PC gaming in theater)...
also, Fallout 4 is out... I haven't even finished tacking up the wires for my projector... to busy with the commonwealth...

any thoughts on dumping windows for the server and going linux? make a custom CQCos, charmed distro? something? would need a cool name...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
You can upgrade to Windows 7. It still works fine with CQC, and it's solid as an OS.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:You can upgrade to Windows 7. It still works fine with CQC, and it's solid as an OS.
probably end up with a winserv2012 at some point...
but for now, my existing setup works...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
Yeah, this past Monday was considered Blue Monday, at least in the Northern Hemisphere I think.

"Jan. 18 is the worst day of 2016 because Christmas cheer has worn off, you’ve likely broken your New Year’s resolutions already, it’s cold outside, and your post-holiday credit card statement has arrived." - The Star. com

I went ahead and upgraded. So far so good. I did get an error about unable to start installer when extracting to the default of Temp file. Changing to a different location worked. I'm on Win 8.1
I've upgraded, and and so far encountered no problems that appear to be attributable to CQC.
I spent today so far doing another big documentation pass, and got all of the most recent stuff (AFAIK) into the docs. I also figured out, finally, how to script the conversion of .doc files to .pdf using the command line, which is a massive improvement in my life. Don't know why I didn't dig into that before, though it was annoying to figure out. It's a little javascript file run via WScript.
Dean Roddey
OK, 4.8.2 is posted.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Preview of new Web based RIVA client Dean Roddey 320 10,453 5 hours ago
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Room config HTML based app preview Dean Roddey 5 719 11-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  5.0 Preview Stuff Dean Roddey 108 6,674 11-01-2016, 11:06 AM