Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which JVC Projector Driver
So as long as you are sending that command it won't disconnect from the server side? Can you test that with Hercules? So send a command and then keep sending it something else and see if it will keep responding over time as long as you do?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
(05-09-2017, 01:16 PM)Dean Roddey Wrote: So as long as you are sending that command it won't disconnect from the server side? Can you test that with Hercules? So send a command and then keep sending it something else and see if it will keep responding over time as long as you do?

Yes, from my tests using hercules this is the command that is most important, or you just have to fit in those 5 seconds (of course it was a mistake, it was seconds, not minutes )

It's getting late, I have to finish.
Of course, thanks in advance for addressing my request for such an IP new model jvc driver Smile

And sorry for my English, this is not my native language.
I think it might be able to be retrofit into the serial driver; Next time I need to make changes I'll see how plausible this is so in the meantime the best bet is to use those twisted pairs to carry a serial RS232 signal.
Mark Stega
(05-10-2017, 06:14 AM)Mark Stega Wrote: I think it might be able to be retrofit into the serial driver; Next time I need to make changes I'll see how plausible this is so in the meantime the best bet is to use those twisted pairs to carry a serial RS232 signal.

Mark, the next time you do look at this would you see if you can incorporate cached commands. A previous driver I had for a different Epson projector used that. Even though the driver works I have numerous instances where I have to guess the amount of time one command takes before I can send the next one. It would be wonderfull if the driver could wait to see if command one is completed before it sends the second command etc.
Thanks
George M
I do not know how this is the case with Epson, but in the jvc protocol, the projector sends an ACK code after the command is correctly received. So here is a simple matter - check if the projector sent an ACK, if so, you can send another command with the assurance that it received the previous one as a whole.
Except that it can take some time from receiving the command to completing the command. i.e. changing lens memory.
Thanks
George M
Does it send the ack upon receipt of the command, or after the change is complete? If it's the former, how would the driver know it's done?
Dean Roddey
That I'm not sure of. Currently I have gotten around it by using pauses in the sequence. Very clumsy and in truth wastes a lot of time because I have the pauses long enough to make sure the previous command is completed.
Thanks
George M
(05-12-2017, 05:31 AM)George M Wrote: That I'm not sure of. Currently I have gotten around it by using pauses in the sequence. Very clumsy and in truth wastes a lot of time because I have the pauses long enough to make sure the previous command is completed.

It is quite obvious that even if the projector sends a ACK command, eg. if it needs to change the settings of the optics it is necessary to add some delay (few seconds) so that it can execute and then the next command can be sent.
It's always best to avoid pauses, which may or may not be long enough, and that sometimes may not even be required because it turns out the device is already in that state. What would be better is a field that indicates the state you are wanting to get to. You can use the Devices::WaitFieldValue() command to wait for that field to reach the desired state. That way it you never wait longer than is required.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vantage Controls Driver for Infusion System KenC 3 125 Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Another SMS Driver - SMS Global, one for everyone else znelbok 21 5,336 10-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Monoprice Blackbird 4x4 HDMI Switcher - Driver request batwater 9 4,155 10-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  XBMC Driver wuench 419 111,237 07-02-2017, 11:04 AM
  IMAP Email Driver whozeawhat 11 1,766 06-14-2017, 11:53 AM
Last Post: whozeawhat
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 101 20,634 05-02-2017, 09:38 AM
  SageTV Player V2 Driver chmilar 6 1,422 04-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: chmilar
  SageTV Driver George M 16 2,653 02-16-2017, 07:10 PM
  ADA Suite 16 driver assistance zane 3 1,189 01-17-2017, 06:27 AM