Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which JVC Projector Driver
Just got the new JVC projector (rs600). they have 3 new models that are selling like hotcakes because they significantly upped the light output. it does not appear that they have changed their spec much from the previous gen but the newest driver i see for jvc is several generations old (rs1/rs2). i see a lot of interesting fields in the V2 RSx driver but many of them report Unknown when i connect. is that the best driver to start with if i am going to try to modify a driver to work with this pj?

second question - is there any interest from someone more familiar than i with cqc to do the mods if i provide access to the pj remotely? i might be able to do it but it has been years since i coded in cqc and i was never very good so whatever i produce probably wont be productizable.

greg
I wrote the JVC driver back in 2008 updated it in 2014 to accommodate the fields added by the protocol of 2013 as well as making it a V2 driver.

So two things:
  • If you have a protocol document later than "2013_model_JVC_Prof_Version_v1 2 English.pdf" please send it to me
  • If the fields implemented in the RSn choice are what you need, up the file logging level to high, capture a few minutes with the projector on, and send me the log file. The file is in CQCData\MacroFileRoot and is named JVCRSn.{moniker}.Log
Mark Stega
thanks mark. i just sent you a pm because i didn't think this post worked.

here is the new manual. http://support.jvc.com/consumer/support/...c_v1_0.pdf

i suspect it just needs new literals, etc which i can probably do but i would be hacking up my version of the driver rather than doing proper conditional tests.

greg
Posts in this section have to be approved.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:Posts in this section have to be approved.
that explains it. thanks.
Attached is an updated JVC driver that supports the 2015 models as well as 2013 and RS2 models.

Many thanks to Greg who patiently tested a boatload of incremental versions.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   JVC2.CQCDrvPack (Size: 25.79 KB / Downloads: 8)
Mark Stega
Mark Stega Wrote:Attached is an updated JVC driver that supports the 2015 models as well as 2013 and RS2 models.

Many thanks to Greg who patiently tested a boatload of incremental versions.

Mark
I also have a new JVC DLA-600U. I am running CQC 4.2.5, so a bit outdated, but I'm not comfortable upgrading to the latest since things in my system could get messed up. I know Dean has been recoding the driver protocols and such. I use CQC pretty much daily, but to control things. I only get back into 'development' every few years when I get new gear and it needs integrating.

In any case, I get an error when importing the driver package. I am trying to do this in the Admin Interface, under Administer, under Import Package. The error I get is:

Driver configuration XML was invalid. XML error=[JVC-RSn-V2.Manifest/15.42] Attribute 'CQCCfgBig GrinevClasses' is not declared for element 'CQCCfg:CommonCfg'

Any help would be appreciated. Could be my version of CQC is incompatible. Could be I am doing something wrong and not importing in the right place. Could be a bug in the driver. The latest protocol document is the one that indygreg sent to you, dated 12/11/15.

Thanks
Mike
You can't import a V2 driver into anything pre-4.5'ish, because the required underlying system support isn't there.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Mark
I noticed that for the V1 JVC drivers there was a DLA-RSn (Network) and a DLA-RSn (Serial). However, for the drivers you posted in this thread, there are two identical drivers, named DLA-RSn V2, both of which are serial. Would it be possible to setup one of these to operate via the LAN port, like the earlier V! drivers?
Here is how the handshake is setup per JVC:

http://manual3.jvckenwood.com/projector/...mmojxm.php

I tried the V1 RSn (Network) driver, using port 20554 (per the above link) instead of the default port 21068 in the driver, and Driver State changed to "Connected to Device", however, I couldn't successfully send any simple commands, like power on or standby.

Thanks
Mike
MikeA Wrote:Mark
I noticed that for the V1 JVC drivers there was a DLA-RSn (Network) and a DLA-RSn (Serial). However, for the drivers you posted in this thread, there are two identical drivers, named DLA-RSn V2, both of which are serial. Would it be possible to setup one of these to operate via the LAN port, like the earlier V! drivers?
Here is how the handshake is setup per JVC:

http://manual3.jvckenwood.com/projector/...mmojxm.php

I tried the V1 RSn (Network) driver, using port 20554 (per the above link) instead of the default port 21068 in the driver, and Driver State changed to "Connected to Device", however, I couldn't successfully send any simple commands, like power on or standby.

Thanks
Mike

If you have two drivers they can't be identical; One is likely the shipped version, the other is likely one that had a driver pack imported. Look at driver details in the admin thread.

The old LAN drivers used an external IP to serial converter so in essence the serial protocol was used and the projector control input was serial.

I am pretty busy right now so it will be a while before I can look at implementing the LAN protocol.
Mark Stega

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another SMS Driver - SMS Global, one for everyone else znelbok 21 5,286 10-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Vantage Controls Driver for Infusion System KenC 1 47 10-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Monoprice Blackbird 4x4 HDMI Switcher - Driver request batwater 9 4,123 10-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  XBMC Driver wuench 419 110,552 07-02-2017, 11:04 AM
  IMAP Email Driver whozeawhat 11 1,743 06-14-2017, 11:53 AM
Last Post: whozeawhat
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 101 20,551 05-02-2017, 09:38 AM
  SageTV Player V2 Driver chmilar 6 1,399 04-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: chmilar
  SageTV Driver George M 16 2,631 02-16-2017, 07:10 PM
  ADA Suite 16 driver assistance zane 3 1,185 01-17-2017, 06:27 AM