Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Boolean Image behavior
I have a field boolean image widget. I'd like to display a green or red LED image based on the state of the door sensor connected to the Elk.

I cannot get this to work as expected unless I call it a Motion device in the Elk client dialog. What am I missing...it must be simple. If I set it as a Motion device (which it's not), it works perfectly.

Also, when does one use Sec#ZoneStatus vs Zone_PhysStatus?

Mark
Which version of the Elk driver are you using? Is this the V1 or the V2?

Presumably calling it a motion device makes it a boolean, so the default 'IsTrue' statement (I thin that's the default) will work. If you set it to some other type of zone, it may be of another type, such as security zone which has a string type and have values indicating the status of the zone, so you'd have to use Is Equal and set the comparison zone to the appropriate zone status value.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
thanks Dean, using V2 Security Zone. I'll try the string comparison as you suggest and report back.

Can you comment on this:

Also, when does one use Sec#ZoneStatus vs Zone_PhysStatus?
That's more of an Elk user's type of question if you want the real details. But generally zone status is what you want. That's the one that drives the sending out of zone status triggers as well.

Also, zone status is the V2 supported field, whereas the physical status is Elk specific.
Dean Roddey
Thanks Dean, have it working using Zone Status.

I was bit by the Not Ready vs notready thing again. I realize there is a historical reason for it but would be helpful to somehow catch/parse it. It's a killer if one doesn't remember (or new users).
The field itself should be Secure, Not Ready, and Violated. So I assume you mean the different spelling in the triggered event?
Dean Roddey
yes, was looking at the event dump which uses the other variants. I think I have it understood now unless too much time passes :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Boolean image is in error state ghurty 4 88 05-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: ghurty
  Using Overlay and Static Image Browser kblagron 2 393 03-11-2018, 11:59 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Changing Field Values in Devices Tab TurboSam 3 350 01-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  If Field Exist? znelbok 5 1,121 11-18-2017, 01:03 PM
  How to Import a CQC Image Package KenC 9 1,262 10-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: KenC
  Simple field change trigger action Bugman 15 2,468 10-23-2017, 11:55 AM
  Odd behavior of Admin interface Mark Stega 1 439 10-22-2017, 09:12 AM
  Field Boolean Text Widget issue greymatter 5 1,378 08-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Last Post: greymatter
  Field Logo Image depending on another condition lleo 6 1,247 07-27-2017, 09:45 AM
  Concatenated field text widgets? dlmorgan999 6 1,756 03-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999