Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insteon Hub Support
Is the INSTEON 2245-222 HUB supported by CQC, wasn't able to determine from the driver list?

SmartHome has a deal on the hub and 6 leak detect sensors that is cheaper than going with just Z-Wave leak detector modules.

I'm not sure. When I was doing the driver everyone just called it the 'ISY', so I'm not sure if that's a pet name, or an actual model, or if it's something different from what you are talking about.

One of the ISY users who knows more about it will have to kick in on that. Maybe we can get the driver doc updated with more specific model info.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
The (Smarthome) Insteon hub is not the same as the Universal Devices ISY.
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
I have one of the 2245's because the Echo talks directly to it and does a good job. It would be great if it could also be interfaced with CQC.

The 2245 and two lamp dimmers are all of the Insteon I have, but it looks interesting enough to think about expanding if more control was available (ie CQC). Seems pretty reliable as is.
I'm reluctant to add a proprietary 1 vendor protocol, Insteon but the bundle was sweet enough to tempt me as I am interested in water detection. Glad to hear that the hub is solid for you!

I did just find z-wave leakage dection sensors at Lowes for $30 so other than the SmartHome bundle deal if I were to add more leakage detectors it would cost more per unit anyway and if I factor in the cost difference of not having the hub z-wave is less expensive solution.
Just so everyone is aware, the ISY has an Alexa skill and also works with their 'lighting API'. So if you have an ISY, you can connect your Insteon devices through the Echo as well as into CQC with the single device.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Netatmo / Brultech
I don't want to appear too contrarian but I don't get the Insteon Hub in the CQC world. ISY does everything and much more. FWIW I'd rather have Dean's resources spent on hardware with less redundancy. This is just an opinion from a customer of both ISY and CQC.
Yeh, for these types of complex scenarios, it's hard to justify supporting the same hardware two different ways.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Yeh, for these types of complex scenarios, it's hard to justify supporting the same hardware two different ways.

I will add it would be most helpful to add a couple of very useful ISY fields in the V2 driver, namely the leak detectors and ISY variables.
Once we get over the 5.0 hump, we can start looking at some stuff like that.

I assume leak detectors are really just boolean sensors or some sort?
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Amazon Echo Support Dean Roddey 591 84,897 02-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Does GC-100 Driver Support Tri-Port Cable? Jnetto 18 915 01-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Last Post: RichardU
  Support for Bryant Evolution Connex agarden 21 3,273 10-24-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Support for Honeywell Ademco Vista agarden 14 2,544 07-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: agarden
  V2 Somfy API Support? agarden 19 3,331 06-29-2017, 09:18 AM
  Spotify Support? agarden 1 758 04-29-2017, 09:46 AM
  Group Support for Philips HUE agarden 11 1,877 04-28-2017, 10:23 PM
Last Post: agarden
  More drag and drop support in the Admin interface? dlmorgan999 6 1,511 12-14-2016, 08:42 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  New Plex Media Support Dean Roddey 96 9,890 10-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  Insteon / x10 driver. George M 4 923 08-23-2015, 02:22 PM