Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repointing CQC Client to new server address?
I switched to a new local network today in preparation for changing from CenturyLink to Cox. The IP of my CQC server is now different from what it was and my iPad won't connect.

I figured there was a simple place to enter the new address for the iPad to look, but I can't find it.

Help will be appreciated once again.
It'll be on the iPad itself, and presumably within the setup of the RIVA client, however that is accessed.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:It'll be on the iPad itself, and presumably within the setup of the RIVA client, however that is accessed.
I fully expected to find something in the CQC Client section of the iPad Setup, but nothing there to change.

The 4 items on the CQC Client Menu are:

Default Server - (none)
Default Wi-Fi Server - Asus
Auto Connect - Off/On Slider available
Turn off auto-conn to edit server

Other than the Off/On Slider, none are accessible. No response to a tap. This is not new, they have always been this way. I've often wondered how I ever got CQC to working from the iPad in the first place with this lack of access.

It would make sense that the above menu would lead to the location to change the server address. However, no access to these items.

I think we once established that I don't have a RIVA client. I don't know what it is. It's just referred to as a CQC Client.
IF it's running on the iPad, and it's not an RDP connection, then it's the iOS RIVA client.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:IF it's running on the iPad, and it's not an RDP connection, then it's the iOS RIVA client.
The total of what's available on the iPad is what I outlined above. And they don't allow any access. It's normal on the iPad to tap on a topic in the Setup section and get a detailed screen to make adjustments.

Am I the only iPad user on the forum? I wonder what others have.
There are others. There's a section specifically for that which might get more response, down in the Third Party part of the forum.
Dean Roddey
The setting you are looking for is the default wifi server one. Likely your ipad can't resolve the asus DNS name. Change that to the IP of your server and see if that fixes it.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
wuench Wrote:The setting you are looking for is the default wifi server one. Likely your ipad can't resolve the asus DNS name. Change that to the IP of your server and see if that fixes it.
I'm sure that's correct. The issue I'm having is that I can't change the IP. There's no access to any of those lines.

BTW Dean, I went to the Apple section and it's rather dead. I suspect most users head for the main sections. Myself, I click on "new posts" and never notice what section they're in.
Sorry, I used to use Riva on an Iphone, but I have all Android now. This all sounds really familiar... So even when you slide the AutoConnect to Off you can't access the server setting? Maybe slide it to off, close the app, then re-open and see if you can edit the server.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
wuench Wrote:Sorry, I used to use Riva on an Iphone, but I have all Android now. This all sounds really familiar... So even when you slide the AutoConnect to Off you can't access the server setting? Maybe slide it to off, close the app, then re-open and see if you can edit the server.
I also slid it off and rebooted the iPad. Nothing changes the situation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logitech Media Server/squeezebox driver freezes Admin interface lleo 7 356 10-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Preview of new Web based RIVA client Dean Roddey 424 27,489 10-18-2017, 07:37 AM
  EVent Server Monitor znelbok 1 350 06-07-2017, 12:36 PM
  Life after 5.0 - a DLNA Server perhaps? pjgregory 191 18,762 04-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  Client Side Drivers pinballmark 2 854 12-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  5.0.1: Address of Web Server Could Not Be Gotten Jnetto 7 1,160 11-20-2016, 07:59 PM
  Advice on exposing the CQC server to the web. pjgregory 4 903 11-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Last Post: skarsol
  Plex repository (sometimes called server) Ron Haley 60 3,340 10-05-2016, 04:04 PM
  CQC server hacked MikeA 8 1,220 08-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Last Post: MikeA
  logic server jkmonroe 4 874 08-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: kblagron