Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless Tags? MyTagList.com?
jkmonroe Wrote:so the tags can call a url in cqc? wondering how quickly they could trigger actions.

Sorta. When you click on any of those events you can specify a "Local URL" which is called directly by the Ethernet Tag Manager so it stays within your network. The tag manager is pinging the tags so it will do all the work. The tags just reply with info to the tagmanager. The tagmanger does all the uploading to the cloud servers.

I'm going to setup a quick test in CQC tonight using the HTTP driver/trigger and setting a variable to see how quickly CQC can see my deep freeze door being open notification.

I don't think it can easily be configured to log values locally vs logging them back to their server. But it can act on triggers locally.
That's awesome that it has a local solution. How is the real life range on these?
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
I have one tag that is on the far side of a 3-car garage within a Eurocave wine fridge. In between it and the TagManager are at least 4 walls and roughly 100'. The signal is just fine. Also have one within a metal deep freeze about 80' from manager through 3 walls and good signal.

Working on setting up HTTP calls on the deep freeze now...
OK, got it working.

First note - For local URL calling you have to use an IP address instead of a hostname.

Second Note - There is a lag. From when i move the sensor I put it at about 2 seconds for the mytaglist.com web app to show the change. But, then its about another 5 seconds before CQC gets the URL call and my test light turns on.
Curious, will it respond when on/off network status changes? I could foresee dropping one of these in my glovebox and generating 'arrive at home' events. Pull in the garage, and house lights and music come on.
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
There are events for lost communication & re-established communication, so you could probably use those.

I did run in to a problem though. The URL calling is working but there is a bug in their system apparently where trying to use their params is breaking it.
so what else have you found with these guys? are they working out OK? would they be worth the investment?
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G // Caseta / Netatmo / Brultech in testing
anything more to report? Is it working with CQC? I need temps in a few more locations, I can run wires but not running wires is easier than running wires :-)
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
How did it turn out?
--Kill all the serial ports--
well i just ordered the 5 pack of temp/humidity. they're in SoCal so i'll probably get it 1-2 days after they ship. Should be here before xmas. I'll let you know. I don't need remotely real time, even a minute+ lag is fine by me.
------------------------------------
Devices I can't stand and wish I could replace: SmartThings, Hue, Concerto, VRUSB
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improving wireless range? Dean Roddey 23 2,613 09-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Wireless thermostats royalj7 2 689 10-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  CQSL Media Repo & File Tags timaelabu 1 1,003 04-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Samsung TV and wireless remote znelbok 42 12,973 09-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: batwater
  Wireless networking advice needed paul 6 1,274 05-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Last Post: fcwilt
  Wireless HDMI? SamVimes2 0 906 03-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SamVimes2
  Wireless network setup question for vS70 SomeWhatLost 7 1,315 02-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  good wireless cameras? rm1759 3 1,165 07-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Last Post: rocker
  Wireless RF Headphone suggestions sic0048 0 742 04-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  windows managing wireless on Q1? pjwinstalls 0 717 12-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Last Post: pjwinstalls