Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone want to take over the CQC iPhone apps?
The HTML5 program will be a conversion to HTML5 on the fly from templates. The only issue is how much can HTML5 really support. But certainly it won't require recreating interfaces or creating two versions of interfaces, though of course some folks may want to create separate interfaces because of the type of devices they are using the HTML5 client on.

You know, in retrospect, maybe it's a bad idea to call this thing the HTML5 client, since it'll still be around when HTML99 comes out presumably. Maybe I should come up with a better name. Maybe CWC, CQC Web Client or something like that.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:You know, in retrospect, maybe it's a bad idea to call this thing the HTML5 client, since it'll still be around when HTML99 comes out presumably. Maybe I should come up with a better name. Maybe CWC, CQC Web Client or something like that.

I vote "CQC Web Client" as HTML5 is really just indicating functionality(cool new capabilities of HTML5).
+1, when HTML5 is superseded it will sound like an obsolete product and need to be renamed. CWC is generic enough to allow any underlying technology to be used - HTML5 or anything that succeeds it.
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
jkmonroe Wrote:in a roundabout way, yes.

i am capturing an image every 5 minutes using Task Scheduler down to my local CQC HTTP server, and then serving up that image for display. i made a little batch file that just uses wget to grab the image as a jpg, overwrite the previous file, and set the size.
Thanks jkmonroe
My dropcam just arrived and set it up to display JPG images in CQC on my iPads.

made 2 windows 7 batch files and loaded curl.
curl --data "username=xxxx&password=xxxx" --referer "https://www.dropcam.com" "https://www.dropcam.com/api/login.login" -c cookies.txt

curl "https://nexusapi.dropcam.com/get_image?width=1280&uuid=xxxx" -b cookies.txt -o get_img.jpg

installed VisualCron 7 and ran the get_image curl batch file once a minute to get the jpg.
You can get more info on how to get your "uuid" at this website
http://mastermindesigns.com/dropcam-hacks
Keep in mind that, if your cameras provide a snapshot feature, i.e. you can hit it with an HTTP URL to get a current snapshot, you can use the Web Image widget to display them directly from your camera, since the WIW just does an HTTP GET and expects back an image which it displays. It can be set to auto-update periodically to keep the snapshot refreshed.
Dean Roddey
Yeah, but Dropcam is a little bitch with the security. You can't just hit it for an image, you have to do that little doohickey workaround where you put in a username/password. Hopefully they don't break it. Smile
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G
You mean in the URL? Or in the body? The WIW can do the username and password in the URL by you just putting it in the URL you enter. If it needs to be in the body, that would require a small tweak.
Dean Roddey
see the curl commands, that is how its currently done. i dont know where they belong in the grand scheme if things because you have to use that wierd nexusapi url that (?) requires you to have been pre-authed (?). not entirley sure, but thats pretty close to what i read in a forum somewhere. Smile
do the needful ...
Any update on the iOS apps?
i've been in touch with brian.
do the needful ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 6 Plus Resolution jokermac 51 12,357 08-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Lost my iPhone connectivity rtarver 0 1,738 11-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  CQC Riva App Iphone 6 zra 14 5,621 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Geofencing in the iOS apps. potts.mike 42 8,813 12-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  CQC Remote now available for iPhone brianmount 68 12,389 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM
  Current iPhone Client To-Do List brianmount 13 5,497 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client 1.6 Submitted to app store SamVimes2 123 27,085 12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client update coming soon SamVimes2 94 21,578 04-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client v1.2 Released! SamVimes2 432 56,047 01-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  iPhone & iPod Touch RIVA Client SamVimes2 504 67,215 05-06-2010, 08:52 PM