Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone want to take over the CQC iPhone apps?
I won't do anything to break it before there is a viable HTML5 client. As to outsourcing, that would cost actual money so it's unlikely that's going to happen. Either someone else takes it up on a commercial basis for their own revenue purposes, or it gets open sourced. Basically that's the only two viable options.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Something needs to happen.

My entire system would be wreaked if some future change broke things.

Please!!!
Don't panic. It's probably not terribly likely that anything will have to actually even be done to it before we have a reasonable HTML5 replacement for it. He's apparently dealt with the V6 phone issues, so there's probably nothing on the immediate horizon that would be an issue.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I can take over the app and pay the fee to keep it on the app store. I've already sent him a note, so let's see what happens.
do the needful ...
Hue | Sonos | Harmony | Elk M1G
Dean Roddey Wrote:I won't do anything to break it before there is a viable HTML5 client. As to outsourcing, that would cost actual money so it's unlikely that's going to happen. Either someone else takes it up on a commercial basis for their own revenue purposes, or it gets open sourced. Basically that's the only two viable options.

Its not you that worries me, its Apple making changes to iOS. We are not far from iOS 9 being released and what if it breaks the app?
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home
jkmonroe Wrote:I can take over the app and pay the fee to keep it on the app store. I've already sent him a note, so let's see what happens.
jkmonroe do you display your dropcam on the IOS CQC app? was thinking about installing a home security cam system and was looking for options to view in CQC on IPADS.
in a roundabout way, yes.

i am capturing an image every 5 minutes using Task Scheduler down to my local CQC HTTP server, and then serving up that image for display. i made a little batch file that just uses wget to grab the image as a jpg, overwrite the previous file, and set the size.

it works great and is fully useable outside of the home. if there is ever something suspicious, i can just open up the native Dropcam app.

so in the end, I get the best of both worlds - a happy wife since she loves the dropcam app, the ability to drill down and zoom using the native app, and my cams inside of CQC for at-a-glance information.
do the needful ...
jkmonroe Wrote:I can take over the app and pay the fee to keep it on the app store. I've already sent him a note, so let's see what happens.

If we find someone to maintain the app I would be willing to fork up some cash for watch support.
i've a slew of iOS developers in my network, so im not concerned with finding help maintaining/developing it.

if we can iron something out with brian, i can get a better handle on what would be necessary moving forward.
do the needful ...
I am also very interested in this. Like others my whole system lives on IOS. Dean knows full well how important mobile access/IOS support is and I'm sure down the road HTML5 will allow for a better/faster user experience and better support for things like security cameras.

That said unless we are able to build templates like we do now for RIVA it will be a painful and debilitating processes to make the switch. Considering what has been accomplished with the current solution. And now with things like the Apple Watch coming into the wild. We need support to continue and development to expand on this in the short term. Every automation platform on the planet is either trying to figure or has support for the Apple Watch and other wearables.

I am on board with funding this as well. I know it's going the wrong direction re:RIVA but time is a luxury we just don't have and it's gonna take a but load of it to get to something that will be a viable replacement and or may never have proper Apple Watch support.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 6 Plus Resolution jokermac 51 12,357 08-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Lost my iPhone connectivity rtarver 0 1,738 11-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  CQC Riva App Iphone 6 zra 14 5,621 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Geofencing in the iOS apps. potts.mike 42 8,813 12-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  CQC Remote now available for iPhone brianmount 68 12,389 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM
  Current iPhone Client To-Do List brianmount 13 5,497 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client 1.6 Submitted to app store SamVimes2 123 27,085 12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client update coming soon SamVimes2 94 21,578 04-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client v1.2 Released! SamVimes2 432 56,047 01-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  iPhone & iPod Touch RIVA Client SamVimes2 504 67,216 05-06-2010, 08:52 PM