Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing UPB overnight
All,

Lately I've been losing my UPB driver over night. I guess this the next day when I try to manually run a lighting sequence:

Code:
CQC Error Dialog Dump
--------------------------------------
Time: Thu, May 07 19:56:35 2015 -0500
OS Info: 6.2.0 [9200]

Error Dump
05/07 19:55:38-Theater, CQCClient, StdCmdEngineThr2
{
    CIDOrb, CIDOrb_ClientBase.cpp.927, Failed/Timeout, Error: 1008/0/0
    The server at fe80::8467:16bf:6151:2fd8%3:13507 did not reply within the requested time. Proxy class=TCQCSrvAdminClientProxy
      <CQCClient> CQCKit_CQCSrvAdminClientProxy.cpp - 2053
      <CQCClient> CQCKit_StdCmdTargets.cpp - 276

}

There are three options in the upb category; upb ip, upb ser, and upb ser-dev. Any suggestions on which is the preferred for a serial version hanging off an edgeport? Other serial devices hanging off the edgeport seem to work fine... well, there are known problems with my Oppo setup.
Flamin' Noobie...
Warp speed now and don't give me any of that dilythium crystal crap!
Is the driver actually offline at that point? That looks more like it's stuck that having lost the connection.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
It says its online. But I generally have to reboot to get it working again.
Flamin' Noobie...
I think it's getting stuck. Do you see high CPU usage in CQCServer.exe when you get into this state?
Dean Roddey
Idling at about 8% total; CQC is very little of that.
Flamin' Noobie...
I posted some thoughts down the driver dev area, in the UPB thread there.
Dean Roddey
I'll take a look Dean. I noticed last night that there may be a issue with my edgeport ports. I shut down CQC and ran a port test and the first seven failed to access. I don't know if that's because CQC didn't release them, or if there are deeper issues. Will try and due some forensics this evening.
Flamin' Noobie...
If you shut down the services (and no CID*.exe or CQC*.exe processes are in the task list), then CQC couldn't be holding on to any ports.
Dean Roddey
After a reboot, and shutting down all services like you said, all ports were available.

So maybe my edgeport is working fine still. It is a pretty robust unit, so that would be expected. Lately I can't seem to get my Oppo driver to connect at all. One of the two drivers just waits for resource. The other just waits for connect.
Flamin' Noobie...
It depends. If before, when you said shut down CQC, you meant you stopped the admin interface, then it wouldn't be expected that the ports would be available. They are under the control of the CQCServer.exe process, which is running under the app shell service. The only way to free up the ports without stopping the service is to pause or unload the drivers.

So, if before you still had the services up and the drivers loaded and running, then the ports would be in use.

Can you open the CQC Command Prompt and do:

CQCNetTest > nt.txt

and post the nt.txt contents?
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISY driver repeatedly losing connection Sendero 14 2,264 09-28-2016, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey