Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.0 Beta Discussions
Mark Stega Wrote:For testing you can install all of CQC 5.x on the one PC and use your 4.7 system to create var definitions for each driver that can be loaded up in multiple var drivers on the 5.0 system.

Hmm! This would seem to imply that I could run 2 master servers on the same network, which I though was not possible. If so, I would have to install a complete system on one PC, but disconnect it from my network and hence the internet. Not a great idea.

PJG
You can run two master servers. You just have to be sure to change the event trigger port, else they will see each other's event triggers and will make things weird. As long as they don't see each other's triggers, they will not interfere with each other.

You have to change the port on all machines that are part of that second system, not just on the master server. So that both the senders and receivers of triggers are listening on the right port for that system. If it's a single machine system just to test, then just change it on that one standalone system and you are fine.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Dean Roddey Wrote:You can run two master servers. You just have to be sure to change the event trigger port, else they will see each other's event triggers and will make things weird. As long as they don't see each other's triggers, they will not interfere with each other.

You have to change the port on all machines that are part of that second system, not just on the master server. So that both the senders and receivers of triggers are listening on the right port for that system. If it's a single machine system just to test, then just change it on that one standalone system and you are fine.
Or, if (like me) you don't use event triggers you don't have to even worry about them.

I have a vanilla install on my HTPC that has all of the real drivers and media repositories and a second installation on my primary development system that has var drivers populated by using the field dump utility running against the HTPC system.
Mark Stega
I found a fatal error in the Z-Wave driver. If you do an auto-config on a battery powered unit (which means it has to queue up the commands for later processing when the unit wakes up) it will get stuck in the auto-config loop, queuing up the same command over and over until CQCServer croaks.

Also, while look into that, it appears that some binary sensors send their reports via a basic SET command, instead of the obvious and expected REPORT, so the driver doesn't see them since it wasn't watching for REPORT msgs. So I fixed that as well.

I'll get this into the 4.7.1 patch.
Dean Roddey
And I discovered that the driver was allowing all command classes to see the basic report msgs. Only the command class that represents the primary functionality (as indicated in the device info file for that unit type) should be shown those. Otherwise other command classes could process them and store invalid values. Normally it's not an issue since there's only one primary command, but multi-sensors have more than one, and I found it was storing motion values to the temp sensor info on one type because of this.

In other news, I got a lot more of the dialog functionality worked out in the new windowing scheme. I got the code in place to initialize all of the control window types done so far from the dialog description, which is now the dialog box processing creates the child windows of the dialog. I got started on menus because I need that in order to go back to my dialog editor program and get it updated to support my new windows.

Hopefully in a couple days I'll be able to design dialogs graphically again, which will be a big step forward.

I'll get the 4.7.1 update out tomorrow since I've gotten those puzzling Z-Wave driver issues fixed.
Dean Roddey
Here is, I think, the final 4.7.1 followup release, if anybody wants to give it a try and just make sure it works fine. It should of course since the changes are very small. It's just a safety thing before posting it.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._4_7_1.exe

The changes are:
  • Updated AI to start the media DB cacher interface, so that CABs in templates opened within the AI will be populated.
  • Add support for "Monoprice, 10796, PIR Motion Sensor" to the V2 Z-Wave driver.
  • The mapped image widget isn't honoring the per-image image horz/vert offsets that are configured.
  • There is a fundamental issue in the V2 Z-Wave driver. If you do auto-config on a battery powered unit, it doesn't get the loop index bumped, and the driver can just run CQCServer's memory up to the process maximum and kill the process. The queue was supposed to be size limited to avoid that sort of potential worst case scenario but the copy ctor wasn't setting the limit and was therefore leaving it without a size limit.
  • Some Z-Wave binary sensors send basic reports via a SET msg instead of the expected REPORT msg, so watch for both.
  • The Z-Wave driver should only pass basic report/set messages to the command class that represents the basic type of the unit, because only that class should be reported via basic msgs. The rest should be reported via class specific msgs. Normally it makes no difference, since they only have one primary type of functionality. But, for compound devices like multi-sensors, it makes a difference. Otherwise, the secondary sensor class will see and react to the basic reports, and store invalid info.
  • An installer extractor only change is to make sure the extractor can clean out the target directory before extracting, to insure the new bits are used.
Dean Roddey
Installed on MS and 2 Clients without issue. Thank you Dean for the new installer; very much appreciated.
This might be helpful - hardware I've tested so far:

ELK M1
ISY
Yamaha RX-A3000
Leviton Z-wave VRC0P / Yale lock
Hue
I got most of the stuff for menus worked out today. I got popup/dropdown type menus working, and that included the bulk of what is required to handle menu bars. I should be able to finish the menus up tomorrow.
Dean Roddey
I got the menu stuff well worked out today, for popups and menu bars and menu selection notifications. And the stuff for checking/unchecking and enabling/disabling menu items, searching menus for items by id and such.

And I added the ability to set an action menu on tree or object view widgets that get popped up when you right click an item and to report the selection via a notification. Tomorrow I'll do the same for list boxes and multi-column list boxes. So that'll cover a lot of the object oriented editing stuff.

So it continues to move forward. Pretty soon here I'll need to take on a small program and see how it goes. Maybe I'll redo the log monitor, which is a CIDLib level program. I figure I'll do it as a as multi-column list box, with the various bits of info in columns that you can adjust to see what you want.

I don't have the ability yet to show/hide columns, so maybe I'll do that and allow you to show the columns you want to see.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 103 6,029 11-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 432 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 20,844 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 2,760 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 58,338 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 6,872 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 7,617 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,604 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 7,720 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread Dean Roddey 295 35,909 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM