Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.0 Beta Discussions
FYI - I may have missed it, but I don't see a way to get a trial (or an upgrade for existing customers) on the new web site - only a purchase button.
It's the Get Started button in the top section.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Got it - thanks!
batwater Wrote:Dean,

I'm getting an error "Can't get the available serial ports on host xxxx" when I try to reconfigure.

And then from the copy command on the dialog:

10/31 15:12:09-Ben-PC, CQCAdmin, MainThread
{
CQCKit, CQCKit_ThisFacility.cpp.2861, Failed/Not Found, Error: 6006/0/0
Driver 'zwave' does not seem to be loaded at this time
/CQC/CQCServer/Drivers/zwave
<CQCAdmin> CQCTreeBrws_DevicesBrws.cpp - 2132

}

That makes no sense to me. All my other drivers are coming up and the serial port that the driver is trying to attach to the VRCOP I can connect to from HyperTerminal.

I did a full shutdown of the master server and unplugged the VRCOP, plugged back in and rebooted same result.

OK, it's been figured out. That was a tricky one. It only affected drivers that have a shared DLL, of which there aren't too many. The VRC0P is one. And, now obviously, the first example of this issue was the Omni which also has one. If you had it installed before the upgrade, after the upgrade it would try to load that shared DLL using the previous version numbers, and fail of course.

CQC server is supposed to read in the configuration data, then read the manifest file data, and update the config data with the manifest info, to pick up any changes, and it wasn't doing that. So the old version info was still there.

I verified it by going through the 4.8 -> 5.0 -> 5.0.1 and it failed as expected in 5.0 and works fine in 5.0.1. Also, removing and re-adding it fixes it for the same reason. That forces it to go back to the manifest info to load a new driver.

Sorry about that. It was sort of inevitable such a tricky one would catch us, but it's stressful for everyone when it does.

I'll get 5.0.1 up here in a bit for folks to use who have hit issues. Assuming it fixes all of them, I'll post it as the formal version.
Dean Roddey
Good to know it wasn't my system! :-) I'll try updating later this afternoon when the opportunity presents itself.
Dean: Any idea what might the triggering this from a couple of the clients?

11/03 11:09:22-Conference-Bot, CQCClService, ClSrvMasterThread
{
CIDLib, CQCKit_DriverObjCfg.cpp.464, Failed/Data Format, Error: 3/0/0
5 is not a valid format version in a 'TCQCDriverObjCfg' object
<CQCClService> CQCKit_CQCSrvAdminClientProxy.cpp - 419

}
11/03 11:09:25-user-PC, CQCClService, ClSrvMasterThread
{
CIDLib, CQCKit_DriverObjCfg.cpp.464, Failed/Data Format, Error: 3/0/0
5 is not a valid format version in a 'TCQCDriverObjCfg' object
<CQCClService> CQCKit_CQCSrvAdminClientProxy.cpp - 419
It looks like the clients didn't get upgraded. That could only happen if they were running old code as best I can see. You sure you upgraded them? It's the client service complaining. What all is running on those machines? Are they pure clients? If there are other background servers running there, are some of them also generating this error? If it's just a pure client machine, if you bring up the IV does it complain about version matching or anything?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:OK, it's been figured out. That was a tricky one. It only affected drivers that have a shared DLL, of which there aren't too many. The VRC0P is one. And, now obviously, the first example of this issue was the Omni which also has one. If you had it installed before the upgrade, after the upgrade it would try to load that shared DLL using the previous version numbers, and fail of course.

CQC server is supposed to read in the configuration data, then read the manifest file data, and update the config data with the manifest info, to pick up any changes, and it wasn't doing that. So the old version info was still there.

I verified it by going through the 4.8 -> 5.0 -> 5.0.1 and it failed as expected in 5.0 and works fine in 5.0.1. Also, removing and re-adding it fixes it for the same reason. That forces it to go back to the manifest info to load a new driver.

Sorry about that. It was sort of inevitable such a tricky one would catch us, but it's stressful for everyone when it does.

I'll get 5.0.1 up here in a bit for folks to use who have hit issues. Assuming it fixes all of them, I'll post it as the formal version.

That did it, thanks Dean! Also, for some reason license key is good now, no longer getting prompted to register. :-D
OK, I've got my customer service application ported over now to 5.0 and moved the database over to the new machine. So I don't have to use the crusty old Win7 machine to do licenses and such. Any digging into SQL Server tends to be an adventure, and this one was no exception. It was complicated by the fact that I'm using an SSD and wanted to move the master and user databases off of that drive.

And there were some interesting security issues. I just got my scheduled backup task going which had similar security things to deal with, but I'm all good now I think. SQL Server (or express at least) creates an account for itself that doesn't show up in security entity searches for whatever reason, and it has very limited rights, presumably an ongoing attempt to limit security holes (i.e. SQL scripts getting run that could be used in some way to compromise something else.) So you have to explicitly give that account access to database and backup target directories.
Dean Roddey
I guess I need to start a 5.1 thread here at some point as well and close this one down.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 103 5,919 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 419 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 20,737 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 2,744 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 58,038 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 6,837 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 7,594 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,588 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 7,692 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread Dean Roddey 295 35,811 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM