Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 5.0 Beta Discussions
If you've not done the above yet, try this new installer. No changes in CQC, just a tweak to the installer.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._4_7_1.exe

This should correctly be able to get rid of any previous content and make sure you get the new stuff.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Yep, was on 4.6.919 still.. But 4.7.1 file worked...
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
OK, it looks like it's happy now.
Dean Roddey
If there are no other complaints, I will update the web site tomorrow to make the 4.7.1 version the official version.

I've stripped all of the graphics output related code from the old windowing engine out into its own, separate, library, and tossed out the old windowing engine (and some higher level GUI oriented libraries that built on top of that.) Or, not thrown out, but thrown into the spare parts bin to grab stuff from as required moving forward. I replaced that old base windowing engine with the new one I've started working on. I'll get the rest of the non-GUI code (in the CIDLib, general purpose, layer) back into the build, then continue working on the new windowing engine and writing some test programs and such until I have it to the point where I feel like I can start banging away at the CQC stuff.

Maybe I'll do some useful, realistic program as a proof of field readiness or something. Having a nice little serial/socket spelunking tool built into CQC might be nice, and I've often had a need for one, so maybe I might do something like that.

Then I'll do something similar at the CQC level, throwing all of the current GUI programs code into the spare parts bin, and start building back up again.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:If there are no other complaints, I will update the web site tomorrow to make the 4.7.1 version the official version.

Dean: There might be one goober left to address. Yesterday you helped me out on a CAB issue that has been vexing me for awhile.

[URL="http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum
/showthread.php?t=12010"]http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12010[/URL]

Part of the issue was the fact that the IV I was using was the one linked in the Admin Interface. When I use that viewer the CAB cover art and titles do not show up. If I use the standalone IV from the Start menu, CAB and titles show up. I used your Autogen interfaces for that test. All other autogen interfaces (weather, lights (ISY, Hue), Thermostat), all functioned as they should in either case. Something strange going on there. I'm available this morning for testing.

I'm on 920 as per the Admin Interface help screen.
Oh, yeh, that's true. The CAB requires talking to the client service to get the metadata. That requires spinning up a connection and that Admin Intf isn't starting that connection up. I will see how safe that is to do. If it's too much to do at this very last minute, I'll just document it as something that doesn't work within the AI.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Oh, yeh, that's true. The CAB requires talking to the client service to get the metadata. That requires spinning up a connection and that Admin Intf isn't starting that connection up. I will see how safe that is to do. If it's too much to do at this very last minute, I'll just document it as something that doesn't work within the AI.

Cool. Somehow I knew it had to be me, "ID10T" as my wife use to say on the phone to report end-user errors during IT support calls.
Try it again now. I didn't change the version number, but the notes in the extractor will indicate that it includes a fix for the CAB in the AI, so you'll know you got the right version.

Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Try it again now. I didn't change the version number, but the notes in the extractor will indicate that it includes a fix for the CAB in the AI, so you'll know you got the right version.

Dean: Thanks. Will get to it sometime this week.
Can you do it sooner? I'm waiting to put up 4.7.1 to make sure this is fixed.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 103 5,919 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 0 419 10-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 20,736 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 2,744 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 58,037 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 6,837 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 7,593 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,588 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 7,692 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread Dean Roddey 295 35,811 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM