Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone 6 Plus Resolution
Sent you a PM with my email address. Will it just show as an update for the software on my account, or how do i load it.
Hello, all. I haven't heard back from anyone about the new version of CQC Client designed to work with the iPhone 6. Should I take it that it's ok to release? Does anyone else want to test the new version? Thanks.

-- Brian
I can test if you need but I don't use the RIVA all that often.
brianmount Wrote:Hello, all. I haven't heard back from anyone about the new version of CQC Client designed to work with the iPhone 6. Should I take it that it's ok to release? Does anyone else want to test the new version? Thanks.

-- Brian

it seems to be working for the test templates i setup.

a warning for those who consider native templates for the 6 Plus, it's gonna be T.I.N.Y.
OK, I have submitted the new version to Apple for approval; it should take a week or two. When it gets approved, it will show up as a free update in the App Store. I would advise that those who don't have an iPhone 6 not update immediately, so somebody else can be the guinea pig. Smile Right before submitting, I discovered the same bug that has bedeviled some of my other app updates, causing the screen to become garbled when started on an iPad in landscape mode. The only significant change to the app is iPhone 6 compatibility, so if you don't have one, you won't see much difference, unless of course a bug breaks the app.

If, on the other hand, you do have an iPhone 6, jump on board!

-- Brian
lol

it didnt take 2 weeks, brian. btw, im not sure if i have a setting that does auto updates but the app updated automatically. needless to say, i was scratching my head trying to figure out what happened.

looks like im going to be in resolution redesign mode this morning.
Brian, what are you showing for the Iphone6 resolution? I show 1704x960, but that's not meshing with cqc.

it appears to be slightly less. can you advise?
Disregard Brian. I saw your link on the previous page and figured it out.
Glad it's out there finally. Let me know if problems are encountered.
I have updated mine and so has a mate. What we are seeing now is that where the template used to fill the screen (apart from black area a the bottom due to the change in aspect ratio), it is now not filling the screen completely.

The same template is shown now with black down the side and at the bottom.

Is this expected behaviour? Or do I need to tweak the template slightly.

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone want to take over the CQC iPhone apps? brianmount 46 14,308 06-14-2016, 06:05 AM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Lost my iPhone connectivity rtarver 0 1,841 11-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  CQC Riva App Iphone 6 zra 14 6,157 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC Remote now available for iPhone brianmount 68 13,923 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM
  Current iPhone Client To-Do List brianmount 13 6,402 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client 1.6 Submitted to app store SamVimes2 123 29,183 12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client update coming soon SamVimes2 94 22,866 04-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client v1.2 Released! SamVimes2 432 62,162 01-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  iPhone & iPod Touch RIVA Client SamVimes2 504 74,161 05-06-2010, 08:52 PM