Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread
Dean Roddey Wrote:Yep, one step at a time, but we'll get there as well. It just needs some adjustment to support that, and I couldn't do that given that we were wanting to stabilize and get a release out.

Great, thanks!
I got the first installation video redone today to match the new installer, but the 2nd one needs redoing as well. And I got the release notes updated. So I'm just about ready on the docs front to go when the time comes. Still need to update the web site but that's not hard. And I did some testing today as well and only found one thing to fix. I'll keep doing some each day, just to make sure.

I'm still banging away almost every day on skunkworks stuff. It'll be a while before there's any visible evidence of it though.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Been using the crap out of the YNC driver since it's release on the beta, as I'm hitting the receiver quite a bit as I test out items on the Extron switcher hooked up to it across the rooms this RX-A2040 is handling.

Driver has been, and still is working beautifully!

When you get further into the RTP rabbit hole, let me know. I have some pretty complex rtp multicast I can wireshark against on an accessible work vlan here at the house, where I could show you the valid framework on a stream under some rather stressful conditions (few of the streams are 700mbit, with several dozen sub channels of audio / video). I routinely hit these streams successfully against VLC to check their condition if we are seeing issues out in the field with video services so I know they have valid headers and checksum data with size that they are, considering a few seconds of data from some of these streams can amount to file almost 1GB in size.

Should give you an idea of how an rtp stream looks with various protocols encapsulated in it, as these have a mix of mpeg2 and h.264 video, and mpeg / ac3 audio.

::EDIT:: Nevermid, I missed the post where you found a rtp capture sample. Offer still stands on anything I can do to help you in that regard. I'm handling a lot of rtp (not via web sockets, but its still the same stream) at work with upgrades right now, so I'm pretty well in that same mindset for the next month or so.
I needed to redo video 2 (the 2nd installation video) but it used a fairly big image that was from the old Illustrator content, so I had to redraw that guy today in Inkscape, because some of the terminology was out of date. I've updated the web site, so once I get the other installation video redone, I should be ok to go with the new release whenever the general consensus is that it's happy tunes.
Dean Roddey
I'm basically ready for the 4.7 drop. I think I've got all the docs and videos and images and web site stuff tested out now. I'm looking at one thing in the installer that Mark reported, to see what that is. But I'll probably 4.7 out tomorrow I guess.
Dean Roddey
Version 4.7 is now posted, so this thread is locked and just left around for archival purposes. A new thread will be stickied for the upcoming 5.0 version.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 196 10,161 Yesterday, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 9 1,186 09-14-2017, 05:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 38,345 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 4,466 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 108,388 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 6,270 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  How to obtain Beta versions? willsauter 3 1,009 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: willsauter
  Official 4.7 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 21 6,524 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
  CQC hangs (latest beta) Bugman 7 2,047 11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  4.6 Official Beta Discussions Thread Dean Roddey 514 33,698 11-04-2014, 03:57 PM