Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 4.7 Beta discussion thread
Dean Roddey Wrote:I'll look into it once I get some other things done. I still have to get the encrypted Websockets support done and get a good start on the HTML5 client. Once I get there, I'll feel more comfortable then starting to take some side time to look at some other drivers and such.

Along those lines, will you please consider some sort of geofencing ability in the html client?
If that kind of thing is exposed at the javascript level and is consistently available across platforms, it should be doable. I guess the client just has to be able to serve up its lat/long to the server any time it changes. I have the code to calculate geodesic curve distances, and I have the home system's lat/long.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I know weather websites and local news websites ask to use my location in safari/iOS. Can't speak for android.
But in this case, we have to know the lat/long info as it changes over fairly short periods of time. So presumably the phones would have to have some ongoing lat/long sensing capabilities that we could query periodically and send to the server to know how far you are from the home system and kick off things in response to that.
Dean Roddey
I'm an idiot. I left some debugging info in the V2 ISY driver, so the stuff you see isn't going to reflect your own system's configured units. Use the attached driver pack until I get the next drop out. Sorry about that.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   ISY_V2_NoDebug.CQCDrvPack (Size: 22.52 KB / Downloads: 2)
Dean Roddey
I just wasn't mentally prepared for a bunch of detail work today so I spent the day doing large scale roughing in of some support for the 'event monitor' thingies. I'll probably go ahead and get a first cut of that done then get back to the web server/secure connection stuff. It's not as quite as hard as it would have been before because it's not unlike the Websocket CML handler setup. So I have an already worked out basic scheme to go by.

This has the benefit of getting the monitor stuff in place in case anyone wants to implement something using them so they can go ahead and start, and also keeps me in a position to work on the ISY driver some more before I start ripping into the web server/HTTP stuff again for the secure connection stuff. Once I start that work, I'll have to wait until I get it back to some reasonably coherent state again before I can work on any HTTP oriented drivers (the ISY drive being one such.)

So, I can hopefully incorporate one round of feedback on the ISY driver before I start doing that work, which will probably put off any more ISY driver work for a week or so.
Dean Roddey
I've got the event monitor stuff a good bit further along. I have the engine done that provides all of the functionality required to support them, and the emulation stuff required to test these types of handlers in the Macro Workshop IDE. So that allowed me to set one up and test it out and it all seems to be doing fine, making all of the callbacks as it should.

So next I need to integrate them into the event server itself, which basically just means to read in the configuration and start them up when it starts (and to support add, remove, list calls for the configuration interface to use) and then provide the configuration tab to set them up, which doesn't require much. It's basically a name, a CML class path to the class to run, and an enable/disable flag.

I also worked on the ISY driver some more, doing what I think is needed to support keypad buttons (and their 1st button dimmer/switch bits) and to support scenes. I'll try to hook up with someone tomorrow to test those bits out and get a new drop up.
Dean Roddey
In the conversion of the Brultech GEM to use the Bin-48-Time data format, the data to extract the amps values didn't update the offset into the data correctly, so the amps values will be wrong. That was fixed in the 4.6.0 release but that fix wasn't correctly carried forward to the 4.6.900 version, so it will still be broken there. It'll be fixed in the next drop.
Dean Roddey
I got some preliminary work done on the event monitor configuration stuff, the interface to the event server to manage them, and the big recompile that required. So I can pick up tomorrow working on the configuration interface and getting them actually loading up and running.
Dean Roddey
can you give a better example of what this event monitor is going to do?

i really dont understand from that 1st post.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 40,418 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,299 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,112 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,898 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,586 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,797 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 196,384 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,444 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 488,967 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,266 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM