Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVTexan CQC Build Thread
Hey, you should show this stuff off to some other folks. There's a user interface showoff thread over on Cocoontech if you hang out there:

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/23972...3-edition/

It's a sticky at the top of the main Home Automation section.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I have been working on the control of the pool equipment. I had to pull new wire from my pool equipment to the media closet and then new wire to the outside controller. That was a pain but it is done. YEAH! I had a couple of issues with the shipped Jandy driver but updated to the 2.8 ver from rbroders and all is working great now.

Any sugestions for improvement on my template?

[Image: Pool%20Template.png?dl=0]

Next up I need to do a little work on my touch panels. I am tring to find a power supply that I can run all (4) panels from. The panels only need about 4 amps per unit and can run 9-24vdc. I bought a 22 amp pyramid power supply but the fan is LOUD. It sounds like a jet airplane.

Any ideas?
avtexan Wrote:Next up I need to do a little work on my touch panels. I am tring to find a power supply that I can run all (4) panels from. The panels only need about 4 amps per unit and can run 9-24vdc. I bought a 22 amp pyramid power supply but the fan is LOUD. It sounds like a jet airplane.

Any ideas?
just guessing here, but I would assume that ~4A is at 9V (~36W) so calc'ing for 24V would be 1.5A ea, and since lower current is just generally so much easier/nicer to deal with, I would try to run them at 24V....
that said, have you looked at something like this:
VMS-160-24
it does have a fan out, so if you end up needing forced cooling you can just get a physically large but slow/quite fan... or hopefully you can store it somewhere cool and not even need a fan...
(note the above is just an example, I would shop around for a better $$ option personally, probably check out Meanwell or Sinpro... CUI was just the first to pop up in google...)

also, you might want to put it in a box or something to prevent fingers from touching high voltages... of course, after you have touched high voltages a couple times, you learn not to do that anymore... well at least in theory... so may not be an issue...

another neat option may be solar... and it would even pay for itself... in like 30-40 years... (or 5 if you live near IVB) but still it would pay for itself...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC HA Build - MikeG Shaky 12 1,383 04-14-2018, 08:43 PM
Last Post: RichardU
  JScheller's CQC Thread jscheller 42 16,683 11-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Last Post: jscheller
  jkmonroes IV thread ... again jkmonroe 32 5,537 05-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  IVB's tips/tricks/FAQ thread IVB 27 27,903 05-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Last Post: ismewor
  Robertmee's CQC Thread robertmee 60 9,554 11-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Last Post: dirtracinfan