Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto-gen error
When I attempt to go to Generate > Room Configuration, I get an error that states the following, "Zero is not a valid max size for a collection."

Host: CQC Fac: CIDLib Proc: CQCClient Thread: MainThread

Any thoughts/ ideas? Should I delete something? Thanks!
I assume you are on the latest version, 4.4.923? If so, then you may have found a way to break it. If you are on an older version, then a lot of improvements have been made and this may be a non-issue. This is the last stuff I worked on, so it's the freshest bits and the most likely to have issues I guess.

Go to this directory:

[cqc]\CQData\SysCfg

Grab the RoomCfg.CQCRmCfg2 file and e-mail it to support @ our domain. I'll take a look at it to see what went wrong. If the data got scrambled and Ill see if I can fix it and send it back. Or, it may not be the data but the code that's reading it in, in which case I'll get that fixed and put a new drop up.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
It has been sent. Please just verify you received it.

Thanks!
Caleb
Yep, I got it.
Dean Roddey
It looks like this is a goober from a previous version of the code that let the data get stored in an invalid way. I see what's wrong, but I need to shut down for a bit. Thor is playing out in the yard right now. I should be able to fix what you have and send that back to you once I get back up again.

Now I remember why I liked Silicon Valley so much. One lighting bolt a year was about the limit.
Dean Roddey
Well, dude, I can't figure out exactly what got whacked in your configuration file, but it's pretty certainly something from an early version of the configuration stuff, so you are going to lose it. Sorry about that, but it's one of the gotchas of betas ultimately. Just delete the file you sent me (from the original position) and cycle the CQC service on the MS. That'll flush any cached version of it, and then you'll start from scratch again.

Definitely let me know if something like that happens again though. If you are on the latest beta, then it shouldn't happen anymore and that would indicate something still to fix.
Dean Roddey
No worries, I was just flirting with the whole auto-gen stuff, and it won't be hard to set back up what I had going. Thanks for looking into it and not just telling me to flush it from the beginning, I appreciate that!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  client driver error after upgrade to 4.8.1 batwater 1 2,161 12-31-2015, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Auto-Gen Issue Two finish.06 9 3,577 08-26-2014, 08:08 AM
  Auto Gen Issue DaveB 6 2,903 08-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Last Post: dgilpin
  Auto-Generated Interface questions DaveB 40 15,673 08-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Auto generation Error dpass 6 3,408 06-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Last Post: pbohannon
  Unknown Error pjgregory 2 2,220 05-16-2014, 06:08 AM
  Media Repo Item Browser error pinballmark 10 6,184 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Getting Error when working with Templates lymlyt22 7 3,774 07-15-2013, 10:50 AM
  Error when trying to use Room Config - Auto Gen jokermac 4 3,263 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
  913 Small Error DaveB 0 1,571 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Last Post: DaveB