Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bringing system up to date?
I just installed 4.4.923 after not touching my system in a while (hey, it just worked ...) , so am beginning to play with some of the new stuff.

Simple question to get started: I have the UPB driver set up with around 30 loads hanging off it. Can I use any of the new auto-gen stuff? From what I can tell the driver doesn't declare itself as implementing the new classes?

If this is the case could it be worked around with a 'fake' driver that implements the new interface and connects to an old driver?
The UPB driver would have to be updated to support the V2 conventions in order for that to really work. In theory you could do a wrapper driver around it, but it would be about as easy to just change the driver. I looked and it doesn't appear that anyone has taken that on yet.

I'm currently working on these types of conversions. I'll put it on the list to tackle. I might have to get someone to let me connect to their UPB controller in order to really do it right.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:I'm currently working on these types of conversions. I'll put it on the list to tackle. I might have to get someone to let me connect to their UPB controller in order to really do it right.

Dean, I have a 2nd unit (the one I bought from you) that I use for programming, I could put it on line for you to access.

I have a good number of devices and an I/O module installed.

Also would the new v2 driver still use the text file generated from the conversion utility?

Let me know and we can work out the timing.

Thanks,
-Ben
Thanks, Dean. Your response time is amazing as always!

If you need a controller to connect to I'm happy to see how I can poke a hole in our firewall, though the our bandwidth is pretty poor!
OK, I have a few more to go through first. I hope, for the 4.5 release, to get the Omni (done), Elk (almost done), RA2, and Z-Wave drivers updated. I can add the UPB onto that list probably. Even if it's after 4.5 goes out, that's ok. We don't want to delay the 4.5 release any longer than needed since there's so much stuff there. But we are going to pick up on the other side working on this same stuff, more drivers converted and more additions to the auto-gen system, for a 4.5.x followup release, before moving on to 5.0 work.
Dean Roddey
batwater Wrote:Also would the new v2 driver still use the text file generated from the conversion utility?-Ben

Presumably it would be the exact same driver, just with changes to support a V2 mode in addition to the existing V1 mode. If it looks too hairy, I'll just create a new drivers and modify that, and avoid having to deal with the possibility of breaking the current one.
Dean Roddey
Another hopefully quick one.

I needed to make some changes to the music player parts of the templates because some field names seemed to have changed ... that's fine and seems to work.

But when I enqueue an album it only plays once where before it would loop indefinitely.

The PlaylistMode is set to 'Normal', but items seem to drop off the playlist which seems at odds with the description in http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/ExtCont...nderer.htm

Am I missing something?
It should certainly just loop if it's in Normal mode. You sure you are looking at the right renderer, if you have more than one? Check it in the field browser to be sure. If it's clearly in Normal mode, let me know and I'll take a look at that. Lots of changes occurred in that area, so I could have whacked that somehow.
Dean Roddey
Yes -- definitely the right renderer, I can see the currently playing song in the field browser.

Interestingly if I set the playlist mode to shuffle it doesn't seem to drop items off
OK, I'll take a look at it.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Config Interface need DaveB 5 3,660 04-12-2017, 02:29 AM
Last Post: DaveB
  New Help System Dean Roddey 8 4,366 06-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  Next drop date simon 1 2,096 04-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey