Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cqc down. restarting service fixed it.
I had a network issue in my house. CQC broke after that and after I restarted the CQC server everything worked fine.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat...3_2050.swf

I noticed in the video above CPU idle wasn't as high as it should be. After CQC restarted, that was resolved as well.
--Kill all the serial ports--
looks like that didn't fix it. CQCEventsrv.exe wouldn't stop using 50% CPU. (one CPU).

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat...3_2113.swf

Rebooted the computer and it appears okay now. fingers crossed.
What kind of network issue was it? Can you get me a full log dump, since that might have some clues as to what happened?

Are you setting up your server machines with fixed IP addresses on the IPV4 side? I think that's something that should always be done. Clients are fine with DHCP, but servers IMO should be fixed IP.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
It died again. it seems okay after a cqc restart. logs and video.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat...6_1508.swf

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.../file1.txt
What do you mean by 'dead'? That could mean a lot of things. If it was just one thing not working, that's one sort of thing. The logs don't show anything different from what was going on for the last couple days. There are a lot of failures of triggered (or scheduled) events because they are looking for a varDrv driver which doesn't seem to exist.

That pretty much is all that's been going on the logs for the couple days that the log covers. Is varDrv (that case) actually a loaded driver?

It would be useful when something like that happens to poke a bit and get some more info. Like running CQCNetTest from some client where the problems seem to be going on and on the master server, so that we can tell what those machines are seeing. Could you not run any client programs, for instance?
Dean Roddey
The weather is psycho right now. I gotta shut down for a while. I'll be back later.
Dean Roddey
I first found out the serviced needed help when the interface on my phone started acting up. I then logged into the server and recorded what you saw.

I know when the admin interface goes ape-shit like in the video with tons of pop-ups that either the master server needs a reboot or the services need to be restarted.

The last time I had a problem i showed you the output of the net test and you wanted the log dump as well. This time i got you the output of the log dump. I'm guessing the net test was the same.

I guess no log data can please you to figure this out.
I wasn't actually able to run the video, since I don't have anything to view it. I'm just trying to help and any info is useful.

What were the popups saying? A screen snap would be ok. I don't remember you saying anything about lots of popups before, so maybe that's something different that would give a hint.
Dean Roddey
I can see you started and stopped the Admin Intf. at the end of the log, both pretty quickly, and nothing else was logged other than start/stop.

How did you get the log dump? Did you do that via the command line CIDLogAdmin program or via the Admin Intf? If so, then at least the basic functionality of the system was still available and working, and that would include the networking infrastructure, so it has to be something a bit higher level than that.

If you can maybe get me a screen shot of the popups from the video so that I can see what they are saying, that will be very useful.
Dean Roddey
BTW, if it gets into such a situation again, if you want me to I'll be happy to RDP into the system and see what I can figure out.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Backup without Stopping Service RichardU 5 506 02-14-2018, 02:28 PM
Last Post: znelbok
Exclamation Windows as a service? Now, there’s an argument for Linux batwater 5 1,638 04-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  ExecApp to Start/Stop Windows Service? jaydonoghue 6 1,912 01-04-2017, 06:46 PM
  WoL still not working (sendwol) [FIXED] bbrendon 32 4,738 11-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Last Post: bbrendon
  RIVA thumbs not scaling? [FIXED] rbroders 8 2,183 08-13-2014, 06:19 PM
  No longer able to talk to ISY Insteon Hub [FIXED] pbohannon 27 3,865 08-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Last Post: JerryB
  Whoop! Fixed Sonos Grouping karenlee 4 1,462 07-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Last Post: karenlee
  Macros won't load in editor - service restart required bbrendon 6 1,540 05-03-2014, 12:47 PM
  CQC Service not starting on boot jmwhooper 8 2,067 12-10-2013, 01:16 PM
  Tray Monotor Stop service action DaveB 1 560 11-11-2012, 01:47 PM