Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Phone Support
Looks like limited options for running CQC on a Windows Phone. I just picked up the new Nokia Icon and wondering what others are doing for CQC control on their Windows phone. Thinking about returning the phone and going with iOS or Android.
I work for the company that develops Windows Phone so I have some added pressure to use a Windows Phone. However, I got sick of the app situation and decided to pick up a Galaxy Note 3. After 2 weeks, I went back to Windows Phone with a Lumia 1520. Android has a lot more apps but I didn't find them to be any better quality than Windows Phone, less actually. I also felt the Android interface (and apps) were pretty much a mess...little continuity. After scratching the itch, I'm much happier with Windows Phone now as no platform is perfect. I also use an iPad and it is definitely the Cadillac in terms of quantity and quality of apps but I just can't get past that cute little screen on the iPhone. Smile

By the way, if you aren't already familiar, take a look at the recent announcement for the next update of Windows Phone (8.1?) as there are quite a few new and nice features that will be coming in a few months. Of course, if CQC is your primary use case, you could try a Remote Desktop solution.

Good luck with your choice.
Do you have any recommendations on a remote desktop solution? I have tried team viewer and was not impressed. My primary use is biz but if it won't run cqc effectively it is probably going back to Verizon and I will go with an Android phone. I'm done with Apple.

I have only had the phone for hours now but I am fairly impressed so far. It is snappy and my intent is to use my windows tablet to take meeting notes then later pull them up on my phone in Onenote when needed. If that works well I will be pretty happy.
I was going to try Team Viewer as I was using LogMeIn when it was free. I'm not sure of other options outside of those two for remote access. However, it seems CQC users setup Windows RDP so I'd recommend posting a question in CQC Support forum about what people use for RDP. My phone came withPC Remote Pro but I haven't used it yet.

By the way, related to Android, if you're primary usage is business, I'd recommend you stick with Windows Phone. I was very disappointed by the notifications and email quality. I had this huge screen with the Galaxy Note 3 yet I couldn't get reliable notifications on the lock screen. And my company requires a pin for security but all of the lock screen utilities couldn't handle security so I had essentially two lock screens to go through to get to my phone. And then I couldn't get reliable notifications in other apps in the Android interface. Finally, the email apps available aren't that great, especially compared to WinPhone and iOS. In my mind it feels like Android is a loose collection of apps while Windows Phone is a cohesive system, but that is just my impression after having used Android the last two weeks of February.

And I just bought Super Calendar and like it so far. Also bought Awesome Lock to add weather and other info to my lock screen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows Phone Client - whats the option here znelbok 3 7,590 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dangerlong