Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2.0 Issues thread
Dean Roddey Wrote:I've not found that to be the case. I use it transparently all the time, and I'm sure most everyone does.
Here is without transparent bgd
[Image: Ratings.jpg]

and here is with transparent bgd
[Image: Ratingswithtransparency.jpg]:-? :-?
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
Quote:I just upgraded to 2.0 and I'm getting the registation screen again...says I have 4 days left. I had already received my upgraded license key from you several weeks ago.

The licenses from the beta don't cover 2.0. So just send an e-mail with your install key and I'll send you a 2.0 license.

Quote:Also...noticed that Alt-F4 no longer brings up a dialog box to close an interface screen....did that change?

I also noticed this, but only late last night when it was too late to do anything about it. I think it is related to the keymapped actions stuff. It wasn't working in the IV before, and I fixed that. But I think it's now eating the Alt-F4. I'll take care of it for 2.0.1.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Quote:Here is without transparent bgd

The image itself is transparent. So the only thing displayed is the black text. You are displaying it on a black background so you cannot see it. It's done this way so that you can use it over many different colored backgrounds. You'll need to provide a background to show it over if you are going to use black like that.

Your new stuff is looking good, BTW.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:The licenses from the beta don't cover 2.0.
I thought the license key you provided was good for the upgrade as well...my misunderstanding.
At the very end there I started making the licenses good for 2.0, but earlier on they were just for the beta.
Dean Roddey
Just installed CQC 2.0 (clean install) on a system and was checking out the Media Repository function; I first installed the "CQSL-Media Repository" device, and then started the Media Repository Manager to add some sample MP3 files. Tools > Scan Drive seemed to be the way to accomplish this, but the Media Drive Scan dialog that comes up doesn't allow one to select a drive on the dropdown list (the list is either disabled or not populated).

Suggestions for enhancement - allow for a "drag&drop" into the "Available Music Titles" section, so that existing & newly added media can be easily imported into the repository manager.
netarc Wrote:Just installed CQC 2.0 (clean install) on a system and was checking out the Media Repository function; I first installed the "CQSL-Media Repository" device, and then started the Media Repository Manager to add some sample MP3 files. Tools > Scan Drive seemed to be the way to accomplish this, but the Media Drive Scan dialog that comes up doesn't allow one to select a drive on the dropdown list (the list is either disabled or not populated).

Suggestions for enhancement - allow for a "drag&drop" into the "Available Music Titles" section, so that existing & newly added media can be easily imported into the repository manager.

Hi,

I have also the Same Request :-) - I also noted that when i do import a CD its imported as a WMA and Not MP3, do you support MP3's?

I have 1000's of CD's and that many more of music purchased from ITunes, etc, that I have carefully indexed over the past few years, is there any way to import these? I have all my collection in MP3 today for my DJ Software.

The thought of reimporting all these is not funny, and the few I tried, (Sound tracks such as My Girl, Dirty Dancing, etc) only got the Artist names, but not the song title's.

Please Please Please, and small utility or something, Im willing to make a financial contribution extra for this just to skip the pain.

Congrats on your Milestone.
Damian
Dean,

I am am following up on my post from the beta thread.

I load templates within an overlay. Most of my templates have checkpoint widgets and states.

When a template is loaded the checkpoint widgets are hidden till the true/false value is calculated while the dynamic text widgets display "????" (all of them appear initially). Then the checpoints appear and the dynamic tex widgets display the corrrect value. Then the state of the temlate is being calculated and then the correct widgets are hidden based on the state.

Is this the correct sequence? Everytime i load a new temlate, for the 1st second, I see incorrect info till everything gets calculated.

So there are two problems here:

First: it looks like the templates are not calculated in the correct order. I would expect them to be calulated first to determine which widgets will be visable which are not

Second: the checkpoint widgets are hidden till the real value is being calculated.

I think these problems are related with the fact that my templates have states, not sure why though. I never seen this type of behaviour prior to 2.0 but then again my templates were a bit different then.
damian.flynn Wrote:Hi,

I have also the Same Request :-) - I also noted that when i do import a CD its imported as a WMA and Not MP3, do you support MP3's?

I have 1000's of CD's and that many more of music purchased from ITunes, etc, that I have carefully indexed over the past few years, is there any way to import these? I have all my collection in MP3 today for my DJ Software.

The thought of reimporting all these is not funny, and the few I tried, (Sound tracks such as My Girl, Dirty Dancing, etc) only got the Artist names, but not the song title's.

Please Please Please, and small utility or something, Im willing to make a financial contribution extra for this just to skip the pain.

Congrats on your Milestone.
Damian

For the mp3 stuff, at some point soon you'll be able to import into JRMC and then export into the CQC repo. I'm waiting on the JRMC importer myself.

Dean will have to address the iTunes/AAC stuff.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
once we import as lossless.... is there anyway to make it into a mp3 so we can play it on a mp3 player or at least copy it so we can play it in the car?
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 40,418 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,299 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,111 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,898 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,586 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,797 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 196,383 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,444 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Tray Mon App issues after updates DaveB 1 1,812 04-14-2017, 05:07 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 488,964 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM