Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2.0 Issues thread
Quote:Please forgive my ignorance... but if I move the CQC directory on the master server for a clean 2.0 install, how will it know where to find or how to move the old user macros?

Oh, I thought you meant just copy it away as a backup. You don't need to start over from scratch. As long as you are on 1.6.15 or later, you can just install 2.0 over your existing system. Just stop the service and copy away your existing stuff just in case.

The sequence is:

1. Stop the service on each client, back up their directories
2. Do the same on the master server
3. Upgrade the master server
4. Upgrade the clients.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
ahh. got it. thanks.
Dean Roddey Wrote:I would assume that this means that the network still is not really top notch....

You could, for some things that you really want to make sure happens, use a simple CML macro that sends the command, pauses for a couple seconds, then sends it again. I wrote one like that for another user who had a module that was running the front porch light. It would occasionally miss the first command come on/off, but never missed two.

True, and that's actually the entry light is actually my furthest one. Would I really need a macro, or could I just code a wait in my triggers? If I do via CML, would that be asynchronous (ie, IV wouldn't slow down)
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
The problem is eating the error that occurs. If the first one fails, it'll cause an error and the next one won't be done. CML can use an exception handler to catch that error and try again.
Dean Roddey
Ok, got it. You don't happen to have that macro still laying around, do you?
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Acoba Wrote:Dean, I noticed that website does not list all of the tutorial videos available unless they have been renamed. Specifically the media respository videos part I and part II , and password protecting you posted here at cocoontech.
you have to scroll down and they are in the how to video section. It is just off the screen on my setup.
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
Quote:Ok, got it. You don't happen to have that macro still laying around, do you?

Not right off hand, but remind me tomorrow and I can whip it up. It's trivial.
Dean Roddey
Why is it that if you select transparent bgnd for the ratings repo image you get nothing?
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
Quote:Why is it that if you select transparent bgnd for the ratings repo image you get nothing?

I've not found that to be the case. I use it transparently all the time, and I'm sure most everyone does.
Dean Roddey
I just upgraded to 2.0 and I'm getting the registation screen again...says I have 4 days left. I had already received my upgraded license key from you several weeks ago.

Also...noticed that Alt-F4 no longer brings up a dialog box to close an interface screen....did that change?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 41,756 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,327 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,300 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,910 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,644 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,804 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 197,141 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,502 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Tray Mon App issues after updates DaveB 1 1,817 04-14-2017, 05:07 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 489,147 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM