Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2.0 Issues thread
Yeh, someone else reported that. I didn't write it, so I don't know why that would be. Next week I can try to take a look at why it doesn't work.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Quote:The image packs on the website are still for V1.x.

Oops, I'll update those.
Dean Roddey
Dean, I noticed that website does not list all of the tutorial videos available unless they have been renamed. Specifically the media respository videos part I and part II , and password protecting you posted here at cocoontech.
I uploaded the 2.0 image packs.

Some of the videos are not in the tutorial, they are in the How-To section, just below the tutorial section in the Learn tab.
Dean Roddey
Dean,

Congrats on the new release. A quick question before I upgrade...

About 5 months ago or so, you wrote me a macro for the Motorola cable box that automatically sends to IR the 3 digits every one second to change the channels. It is called "MEng.User.BlasterHelper". Does this ring a bell? If I follow the upgrade instructions to move the existing CQC directory and install 2.0 per the instructions, will I loose this macro? Do I need to re-import the macro once 2.0 is installed? Will it work with 2.0?

Thanks,

Adam
Caveat: I've done very very little testing on zWave so far.

Ok, that said, the new driver is INFINITELY better than the old one. I've gone from regularly not having cxn with at least 1 switch and usually 3-4 to having a solid cxn with all the switches nearly all the time. I still have issues with 1 switch, but it's the furthest one and I was unable to mount an intermediary switch this weekend as my 96yr old wiring disintegrated in my hands as I was trying to mount it. (not kidding).

With 11 switches mounted, I have noticed a roughly 10-12 second max delay in notification if manually adjusted, but having a cxn and long notify is oviously better than a faster notify but not having a cxn with many switches.

Thanks for plugging away at this.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Quote:If I follow the upgrade instructions to move the existing CQC directory and install 2.0 per the instructions, will I loose this macro? Do I need to re-import the macro once 2.0 is installed? Will it work with 2.0?

Any user macros will be moved forward during the upgrade.
Dean Roddey
Quote:With 11 switches mounted, I have noticed a roughly 10-12 second max delay in notification if manually adjusted, but having a cxn and long notify is oviously better than a faster notify but not having a cxn with many switches.

I would assume that this means that the network still is not really top notch. If all is well, it should be able to do about 2 modules per second, so you should be seeing about half that latency. Part of the problem is that I keep having to slow the driver down in order to get it reliable enough. So it's basically only polling one every 500ms (maximum if it can), and is imposing inter-message minimum intervals of 200ms and will back off for a second after sending any outgoing command.

If I try to go faster than that, it will get more and more unreliable.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Any user macros will be moved forward during the upgrade.

Please forgive my ignorance... but if I move the CQC directory on the master server for a clean 2.0 install, how will it know where to find or how to move the old user macros?
Quote:Ok, that said, the new driver is INFINITELY better than the old one. I've gone from regularly not having cxn with at least 1 switch and usually 3-4 to having a solid cxn with all the switches nearly all the time. I still have issues with 1 switch, but it's the furthest one and I was unable to mount an intermediary switch this weekend as my 96yr old wiring disintegrated in my hands as I was trying to mount it. (not kidding).

You could, for some things that you really want to make sure happens, use a simple CML macro that sends the command, pauses for a couple seconds, then sends it again. I wrote one like that for another user who had a module that was running the front porch light. It would occasionally miss the first command come on/off, but never missed two.

Also, use the single unit fields instead of the group fields where it's applicable. The single unit messages are smaller. All On/Off is the worst case scenario, which sends out a multi-cast to ever module.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 40,418 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,299 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,112 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,898 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,586 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,797 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 196,384 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,444 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Tray Mon App issues after updates DaveB 1 1,812 04-14-2017, 05:07 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 488,965 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM