Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover Art Browser
The CAB has full access to all of the media data. The AMIB is limited to what the media renderer playlist item class is set up to hold, and currently it doesn't hold the sample rate. It needs to be added and I've just not had the time yet.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
BTW, it would have been nice to have 4.5 out for our upcoming sale, but that's not going to happen. Way too much complicated work involved to make that date. But, if you guys who have seen the future could help us by getting the word out a bit about these very significant improvements that are in place already, with a lot more to come, it would be very helpful. It would be nice to have a good sale and see if we can't finally start reaping some benefits from the improving economy. And word from the mouths of horses (as they say) goes a long way towards convincing other folks to get on board.
Dean Roddey
Dean,

I get that the scrolling is naturally supposed to be horizontal, but one issue that i found since i moved beyond 4.0 is: using my iphone via RIVA the icons get caught in between the edge of the view. This never used to occur in the 4.0 version or before.

it starts out aligned properly, but as i scroll the newer columns of icons get presented in 1/8s 1/4s 1/2s or whatever. Ive tried to resize the view and change the spacing but that doesn't seem to make much difference.
It's because it's not page based anymore. It used to only display pages at a time and just centered those pages. It's free form now and can be moved to any arbitrary position, so it's not always going to line up. If it tried to always be on a boundary you wouldn't be able to drag it to a particular place and release it.

Of course you can't yet drag to arbitrary positions on non-Windows platforms but you will be able to eventually, so the new scheme will make a lot more sense on those other platforms then.
Dean Roddey
That wouldn't be a problem if i could, via one swipe, move the edged icons into full view, but when i swipe they move from the right(partial view) to the left(partial view).
I guess, for non-draggable platforms, I should set it up to do a 75% width movement or something like that (instead of the full widget display area movement), or the width minus a column width maybe. I think that would deal with that sort of problem in the meantime, right? Or, I guess I could go with, if there's a partial column at the other end, move to the start (or end) of that column. But just doing the width minus a column would achieve the same thing basically, with less complexity.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cover Art Browser - Init Sort Order kfly 3 2,300 08-02-2017, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Cover Art Browser - No Images zra 33 11,811 07-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Cover Art Quality? rbroders 26 10,725 06-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Media Repo Item Browser error pinballmark 10 6,164 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Last Post: pinballmark