Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover Art Browser
Dean,

Im noticing a few little glitches now that I have upgraded. Its probably intentional, but I havent been following the beta threads.

The cover art browser has changed.

I used to be able to select an image size. I noticed the layout scheme, but I only see one option. What can you tell me?
Read through the upgrade guide document, which is linked to below the installer download in the beta releases thread. It provides a high level guide to what has changed and what to do to adjust to or take advantage of it.

You now can use a 'layout template' to control what is displayed. What you are seeing is just a simple one provided for at least some amount of backwards compatibility, but you will probably want to create your own.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Once you tweak it a bit you'll like it I think. It's pretty slick now IMO. I used Dean's template as an example. Just copy from:C:\..\CQC\CQCData\DataServer\Interfaces\System\Layouts and put to wherever you keep your user templates. Then open it up and play with the sizing a bit.
Thanks Shaky. That was really helpful. I used to scroll up/down but now it only goes right/left.
The CAB has only ever gone right or left. Well, if you select a new list or open a title set up to see the collections, it slides in vertically, and you can go back to the previous list by flicking up to go back to the previous list.
Dean Roddey
The CAB used to work fine in an up/dn configuration because it would just redraw itself in place and there wasn't a concept that the data was coming from the sides vs the top/bottom.

In the last release Dean added a scrolling effect which forced the CAB to the left/right orientation. I personally disabled scrolling and requested a l/r or u/d flag for the CAB so I (and others) could retain the u/d orientation.

In this release the scrolling is even better, so it's probably worth my effort to redraw my screens to take advantage. I'd still prefer the u/d option though. Hey, take a vote maybe everyone wants it and you can eliminate l/r! I think large web pages and other big lists have trained most of us to expect scrolling to be up/dn rather than left/right...

--Bob
rbroders Wrote:The CAB used to work fine in an up/dn configuration because it would just redraw itself in place and there wasn't a concept that the data was coming from the sides vs the top/bottom.

In the last release Dean added a scrolling effect which forced the CAB to the left/right orientation. I personally disabled scrolling and requested a l/r or u/d flag for the CAB so I (and others) could retain the u/d orientation.

In this release the scrolling is even better, so it's probably worth my effort to redraw my screens to take advantage. I'd still prefer the u/d option though. Hey, take a vote maybe everyone wants it and you can eliminate l/r! I think large web pages and other big lists have trained most of us to expect scrolling to be up/dn rather than left/right...

--Bob

Well I have just upgraded to 4_4_409 and this l/r scrolling thing in the CAB has broken my music system as all my existing templates are deigned for vertical scrolling.

PLEASE Dean, restore the vertical scrolling as an option as it is far more intuitive and give room across the page to add more information such as Year, Sample Rate, Bit depth etc for each album.

I cannot see any cover art, neither in the CAB or my play/queue pop-up so I guess I will have to work through the templates to find out why this is also broken.

PJG
I have now had more time to look at 4_4_904. As far as I can tell, everything works as before, with improved scrolling, except for the stuff related to music playback which is completely broken for me.. Apart from the vertical scrolling issue in the CAB, these are my problems. I have modified my Album browser to use a copy of Deans default template.

1. No cover art in the CAB or my pop-up which uses a Media Repro Image widget. Tried both small and large cover art.

2. The Media Category Browser widget only shows the first five genres in alphabetical order, yet it has space for all of the 10 genres that I actually use.

3. If I select an Album and go to the now playing screen, the Media Image Widget does not show the cover art.

4. The JRivers repository is only showing 112 albums, yet there should be over 500. If this is a space limitation, it could also explain point 2. if the albums are stored in the database alphabetically by genre.

5. If you set the PlaylistMde flag to "Random Category", then you cannot stop the player. If you issue a stop command to the transport which clears the playlist, it automatically refills the list with new tracks and continues. You need to switch the mode back to "Normal" before you can stop the player and clear the list.

I am using the fooBar V2 UPnP player with the JRivers V2 Nedia repository.

PJG
I don't know it if helps with the missing cover art, but in the JRivers XML file, the art is located by the name of the .jpg file which is contained in the same folder as the .flac file. The image is not stored as part of the meta data inside the .flac file. Does this give problems to the new scheme?

<Field Name="Filename">\\WINTERMUTE\MyHDAudio\Rock\Jefferson Airplane\Volunteers\06 - Wooden Ships.flac</Field>
<Field Name="Image File">Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers.jpg</Field>

PJG
There never was any vertical scrolling, so I'm not sure where you guys are getting that. The CAB should still honor the 'no inertia' flag in the base attributes, but maybe I missed that, so I'll check it and get it back if so. But, honestly, with the vastly improved scrolling and gesture support, it's really worth going that direction, IMO.

On the JRiver cover art thing, if you go to:

[cqc]\CQCData\Client\Data\MediaCache\

There should be a directory for your Jriver driver in there. If you look in there are there any bmp files? Or just the metadata file? If there are files there, then they got downloaded but aren't loading for some reason. If they aren't there, then I may have gotten something wrong in the JRiver driver wrt to returning cover art to the client service.

Can you flush the logs, force reload of the JR driver, and get me a log dump?

#5 was always that way, AFAIK. It was discussed a couple times as to whether maybe it should change mode, but nothing definitive was ever decided, so it's remained that way.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cover Art Browser - Init Sort Order kfly 3 2,301 08-02-2017, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Cover Art Browser - No Images zra 33 11,862 07-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Cover Art Quality? rbroders 26 10,739 06-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Media Repo Item Browser error pinballmark 10 6,186 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Last Post: pinballmark