Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HA Progress 3.0
Glad to hear that it is starting to click....
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
Give us an update man Smile

How is your GUI coming along? Post a picture of it!

Caleb
Well ... shit. Was getting into the swing of things at our new condo and *BAM*, the wife came down with a case of the baby.

So we just put a townhouse under contract, which is going to dramatically change my environment (going from 600ft to 2500ft). So it's back to the drawing board... again.

Confusedhock:
potts.mike Wrote:I'll be interested to see how your zwave network does in an apt. Mine is completely unreliable.
Ooh... I was planning on going with a pair of Z-Wave registers for 2 zones in our house. Not sure what to do if they are not reliable.
tia, Ron

My Go Big or Go Home Retirement HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, (4) JBL 8340As, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, (2) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, )2) Furman rack conditioners, (2) Danley DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, Panamorph UH-480 anamorphic lens, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), 2 Crest Audio CM2008 8 channel amps, and (3) Parasound Zamps.
It's been well documented that children who grow up in a well automation household end up better adjusted later in life, though unable to operate any piece of gear directly.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
I wonder if I could use that on the wife as an excuse to get more gear. :-D
jkmonroe Wrote:Well ... shit. Was getting into the swing of things at our new condo and *BAM*, the wife came down with a case of the baby.

So we just put a townhouse under contract, which is going to dramatically change my environment (going from 600ft to 2500ft). So it's back to the drawing board... again.

Confusedhock:
just think of all that new room you will have to automate stuff...
and congrats...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
thanks!

and; exactly!

Smile

SomeWhatLost Wrote:just think of all that new room you will have to automate stuff...
and congrats...
Well, the grand experiment has begun! I started the process of wiring lights to be always on, replacing switches with blanks, the putting the Hue Tap switches up.

The Cooper screwless toggle wall plates are perfect when you use the blank insert to give a firm back to the plastic. I took a few pictures - not sure I like the round Tap inside of the rectangle plate, but there isn't much to do about that.

[Image: eR31875m.jpg]

[Image: sWwbbxrm.jpg]

[Image: u7Fbqdim.jpg]

edit: I just noticed that the humidity in the pictures incremented by single percents while I was doing this. Interesting.
by the way, if anyone knows of any connected humidistat/temp sensors with a display like the one in the pictures, please post. i'm on the hunt for something i can integrate to start collecting room by room data.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  jkmonroe's progress and IV ... jkmonroe 5 2,469 11-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  John's i_Pod Screens - *work in progress jpants 16 5,895 05-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Last Post: batwater
  S70 Screens - Work in progress! jpants 5 1,893 02-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Last Post: jpants
  Target's Home Automation Progress Target 67 8,549 07-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Target
  Finally some progress froop 3 1,364 07-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Last Post: beelzerob