Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic RIVA Questions
wuench, thank you!

That worked perfectly, and once I figured out how to set up the proper IV via RDP, I had everything I wanted.

I've been testing it all out on some old windows laptops, and now all I need to do is get an iPad or (if gutsy enought) an Android tablet and get to work....

Thanks again.
TurboSam Wrote:wuench, thank you!

That worked perfectly, and once I figured out how to set up the proper IV via RDP, I had everything I wanted.

I've been testing it all out on some old windows laptops, and now all I need to do is get an iPad or (if gutsy enought) an Android tablet and get to work....

Thanks again.
Did you ever get it to work... What tablet did you use?
tia, Ron

My Go Big or Go Home Retirement HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, (4) JBL 8340As, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, (2) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, )2) Furman rack conditioners, (2) Danley DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, Panamorph UH-480 anamorphic lens, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), 2 Crest Audio CM2008 8 channel amps, and (3) Parasound Zamps.
Hi,
I'm using the auto-generated interfaces on my iPad with CQC v4.6. It's working well in the regular Windows interface viewer but for some reason, not as well on my iPad with the RIVA client.

When I try to set the color on my Philips Hue lights, on the RIVA client I don't see the colors in the square, only a white square. On the regular interface viewer we see all the colors we can choose from, the preview and then we only have to press on SET to commit the change.

The interface is working on the RIVA client, if we click randomly in the square, we will see a preview of the color we choose and we will be able to set it... the only problem is that we have to click randomly in the white square, look at the preview and try again if it's not the right color!

Is it a widget not supported by the RIVA client/protocol or is it just a problem with the CQC RIVA client?

Thanks!

Attached Files
.jpg   RIVA_CLIENT.jpg (Size: 37.43 KB / Downloads: 7)
The RIVA system doesn't support the color palette, which is a new thing that was added for 4.6. It can't be drawn as separate graphical operations, since every color dot is a separate drawing operation. That would pig out the RIVA clients badly. So it will have to be added as a specialized drawing operation, which requires an extension to the RIVA protocol and adding support for that in the RIVA clients.

So, for now, it's not doable.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Ok, fair enough!

But is it possible that the client still tries to draw it (or something else) because when I add a Philips HUE light in ANY room with the auto-generated templates, the client starts to be REALLY slow and I can even say "I think" it slows down the Master Server.

The client even stops responding and I have to shut it down and restart it. When I remove the light from the configurations and I regenerate the templates, everything starts to work again...

Thanks,
I don't think that should happen, but I guess it could be. I'll look at it. If it were actually trying to send area fill commands for all those little color areas, that would be bad. But, if it were doing that, it should actually be drawing the palette as well. But, anyway, I'll check it.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CQC Riva App Iphone 6 zra 14 6,161 11-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Riva Client login credentials fail finish.06 2 3,975 08-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Last Post: finish.06
  CQC Riva App Speed finish.06 2 2,738 06-09-2014, 05:01 AM
Last Post: finish.06
  Riva port/protocol rtarver 4 2,075 12-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  Continual Write Error on RIVA Clients zpollock 6 2,244 04-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Last Post: zpollock
  RIVA iPad string rendering bug? rbroders 5 2,906 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Volume Knobs and Riva dogman 6 3,327 02-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: dogman
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client 1.6 Submitted to app store SamVimes2 123 29,185 12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  getting started with riva/ipad indygreg 7 6,942 08-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Last Post: indygreg
  iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad RIVA Client update coming soon SamVimes2 94 22,872 04-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Last Post: brianmount