Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geofancy for Geo-Fencing iOS
The web server to run a macro that writes to a field in a variable driver. I'm still on 4.2 is the http trigger driver available for that version?
I think that the trigger driver is later than that. You can always verify if the web server is getting a URL using a browser. If so, then it's good and the issue has to be somewhere downstream from there.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
It works in a browser but not in the app. I'm wondering if the app isn't sending the whole URL hence the need to see what is being requested from the server.
Not currently, I don't think. You could always use some simple 'dump' program that accepts input from a socket and dumps out whatever is coming in. I'm sure there are plenty out there.
Dean Roddey
Well, the HTTP Trigger driver only sees what comes after the the port number - so, according to the logs, when I sent http://server:port/string, all that the driver sees is /string.

I guess you also have to take into account how the GeoFancy app itself works - it is my understanding that all it does is (literally) hit the URL that you provide, so maybe the CQC WebServer isn't quite getting it?
Geofancy is doing something to the URL that is making it not work.
*shrug* not to mine, but if there is anything I can do to help test, let me know.
If the program is sending a POST, change it to send a GET, or vice versa.
Dean Roddey
Quick update on this app - so far it has worked perfectly for me. Battery drain doesn't appear to be that much out of the ordinary, I think I may have used my phone more than I thought on the first day. Today I still have about 35% remaining and its 11:10PM.

The app has successfully gotten all of my moves in and out of my fence, and CQC has successfully received the triggers. One cool thing is that if you leave the notifications on for the app, it acts as a log of sorts so you can track your day.

Thinking out loud now, but I bet you could log and then use that data to start building a model of your habits, sort of like training your house to be more predictive.
Circling back around in the issues I'm having.

What URL do you have on the settings page? Does it include the port or any authentication?

For your geofence URL, did you include the full URL or just the part that follows the base URL in settings? Is it a POST? Authentication?

I'm just trying to work through the list of possible user errors.