Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geofancy for Geo-Fencing iOS
just train a different string for each user and each action? At least thats what I am doing - 4 total strings/url triggers, home and away for the wife and I.

But like I said before, that HTTP trigger driver is much more powerful than how I am using it so you can probably come up with something better.

Give me a few more days of testing and I will post a more comprehensive review of this software. There are still a few scenarios which I would like to explore.
You can either have different strings per user, or you could have one action per 'activity' you want to do and pass in the user name as a parameter on the URL.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
So day #2 of testing this app and I have discovered that moving the pinned location elsewhere throws this thing off tremendously. I tried to pin my office, then I moved the pin closer to where it actually is, and it doesn't work right. I didn't get the notification that I left my office fence until I was about 4 miles away.

My home fence still works great, and the reason I think its moving the pin is because I didn't move the pin for my apartment.

Still testing ...

EDIT: oh, update on the power drain - it *definitely* sucks down more juice. and apparently my iPhone power meter is like my car's gas gauge, it reads 40% full then just decides to head down to 20% then 10% in like an hour. i had to plug in around 8:30P last night at 1% - I am normally in the single digits, like I said, but I never have to run for the plug before the damn thing shuts off.
I can't seem to get this to work. I put a URL in Safari and it changes the variable as I expect. Copy and paste that URL into the app and leave the fence and the variable doesn't get written to. I get confirmation from the app that the POST has been successful but there is no change on cqc's side.
Mick,
Something not often mentioned about iOS 7 if you're still on the fence (bad pun) is that aside from ugly it's hard to read if you're partially color blind, red-green, at least. If I wasn't used to the phone I'd have trouble using it. All the assorted access options just make is uglier, not more legible. Apple care doesn't and won't let me roll back. Bad enough I'm considering changing brands mid contract. Other than that it seems to work well enough.
Les
Hmm ... I am not sure why that is happening. Are you sure that the 'string' that you are sending is the correct one? I only ask because unbeknownst to me, the first time I 'trained' the driver it was triggering on /favicon.ico instead of my string.

You can find out by turning on the logging and watching while sending the string from Safari and from the 'Settings' tab in the GeoFancy app.

Mine works great with my strings, so far its batting 1000 for success.

potts.mike Wrote:I can't seem to get this to work. I put a URL in Safari and it changes the variable as I expect. Copy and paste that URL into the app and leave the fence and the variable doesn't get written to. I get confirmation from the app that the POST has been successful but there is no change on cqc's side.
I am on an older version of CQC and am trying to test with a macro that writes a value to a variable field. Just like IVB was doing with tasker and NFC a few months ago.

Test with safari and the field changes as expected, use geofancy and nothing. The confirmation I get from geofancy says "post success:<html><body>No data passed</body></HTML>". The link I'm trying to hit is xxxx.server.com:11000/CMLBin/User/NFC?Cmd=atwork
Oh, then I don't know. I am using the HTTP Trigger driver, so all that I do is send a trigger to http://myserver.com:port/string

No CMLBin or any other directory type of stuff. I get a <html><body>Done</body></html>.

potts.mike Wrote:I am on an older version of CQC and am trying to test with a macro that writes a value to a variable field. Just like IVB was doing with tasker and NFC a few months ago.

Test with safari and the field changes as expected, use geofancy and nothing. The confirmation I get from geofancy says "post success:<html><body>No data passed</body></HTML>". The link I'm trying to hit is xxxx.server.com:11000/CMLBin/User/NFC?Cmd=atwork
I wonder if it's truncating part if the URL for some reason.

Dean,

Is there any way to see what is being requested from the web server?
Are you trying to go the web server or the HTML trigger driver?
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire