Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VRCOP/latest CQC version?
IVB Wrote:Finally got to this as I was motivated by the 4.4 release, set up hyperterm, issued the SP3 command as per the driver docs, got the <E000 confirmation. Same deal.

I have my original version VRCOP which didn't allow for (ugh something), I'll hunt that down to see if thats any better. Any tips here would be great as until then, i'm on manual lighting mode.

Do you have an ELK? I tried using the CQC driver and was never able to get past the continual need to reset it. By using the ELK driver I have had to reset once in the last 8 months.
Thanks
George M
The Elk's interaction with the VRCOP is probably a lot simpler. BTW, a number of improvements have been made since then, some of them targeting that issue, probably because we were pushing it a bit too hard.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
If I get some free time I may have to try it out again.
Thanks
George M
I do have an Elk and it was actually hooked into that forever, but there was an upgrade to the zWave driver that made it noticeably more awesome so I switched. Blanking on what that was, perhaps some type of polling?
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
That could be. I have leviton switches so I did not need the polling.
Thanks
George M
yeah, i'm still on Intermatic but they're clearly hitting MTBF so I'm slowly swapping them out.

Although I gotta admit severe annoyance at having to keep a separate excel with the mapping of (uh, E01?) Elk devices to what they actually were. Is that still there, do you not mind as much?
Yes, I keep an excel sheet also. Hopefully that is one of the improvements I anxiously wait for when the ELk driver gets updated.
Thanks
George M
Dean Roddey Wrote:Oh, sorry. I saw the <E and was thinking you got an error, but it's E000, so it worked.

It's timing out during the initial enumeration of the units. Some unit isn't responding as it's trying to find the configured units and make sure that they are there and of the type configured and all that. I don't think that's as designed. The driver, I thought, should capture that and just mark the unit as missing and move on.

So I'm pretty bummed about no automated lighting; do you think its a failing unit? If so, I wonder if blowing away the whole network on the handheld and starting over from scratch would help, I'd think the controller wouldn't accept any failed units.
IVB Wrote:So I'm pretty bummed about no automated lighting; do you think its a failing unit? If so, I wonder if blowing away the whole network on the handheld and starting over from scratch would help, I'd think the controller wouldn't accept any failed units.

Make sure any of your light controls has a manual network reset capability or release them from your current network. I made the mistake of "blowing away" my network that had some cheap socket units at the time. They were no longer accessible after the network security key was lost on the controller. You should be able to release the units that are responding, don't ask me how, been too long since I had to deal with it myself.

-Ben
meaning, release the working ones, then blow away the network, then rebuild?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Version for XP znelbok 1 2,085 06-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  CQC hangs (latest beta) Bugman 7 4,758 11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  Version 5.0 thinking out loud Dean Roddey 25 9,586 10-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Last Post: pjgregory
  Rolling back version dogman 6 2,560 02-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Version 3.0 preview Dean Roddey 9 3,841 06-30-2009, 10:31 PM
  Time to move up to the latest beta Dean Roddey 2 1,870 04-28-2009, 08:58 AM
  UPB Status Error in Beta Version 2.4.26 Forefront Technologies 0 1,522 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Forefront Technologies
  Driver version checking robolo 11 5,488 09-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Last Post: robolo
  Latest Version dirtracinfan 11 4,946 12-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ellisr63