Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VRCOP/latest CQC version?
There have been changes to the driver of course, adding support for more types of modules and such. But, AFAIK, it's all been for the better, and other folks using it have stopped complaining about issues, so I think it's healthy. There may just be something so far not seen going on with your setup. A lot of the changes was to slow things down and avoid any chance of overwhelming the Z-Wave network. So, if anything, it should be less likely to be an issue with an iffy network.

You may need to divide and conquer, i.e. mark all but a few of them as not used, and see if that lets you get the config uploaded and keep it online. It won't try to interact with the ones marked that way. So you can get them out of the picture (from the driver's point of view) without having to delete them. Then we can start adding more back in and see how it goes.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Oh, BTW, the command is discussed on the driver docs page for the Leviton driver, in the Connection Details section. I should probably include a little command sender tool for this type of stuff. I have plenty of them for testing, but haven't ever really made one ready for public consumption. It wouldn't be hard to do.
Dean Roddey
The problem is that I can't even delete or ignore devices as it throws driver offline and when it comes back my deletion/ignore didn't take.

I saw the command, but I need to hunt down the XP CD in my house as Windows 7 doesn't come with hyperterminal and I have no more XP machines.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I run hyperterm on my win 7 machine all the time. If you need I can send you the file.
Thanks
George M
There are also some freebie programs such as Ponderosa or Putty.

If you want to set up the remote port server, I can try it from here and see what is going on.
Dean Roddey
found my XP CD, will look at it this weekend. Life is crazy before then. Thanks.
Finally got to this as I was motivated by the 4.4 release, set up hyperterm, issued the SP3 command as per the driver docs, got the <E000 confirmation. Same deal.

I have my original version VRCOP which didn't allow for (ugh something), I'll hunt that down to see if thats any better. Any tips here would be great as until then, i'm on manual lighting mode.

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLogFileSnap.Txt (Size: 10.96 KB / Downloads: 1)
If you can't set the baud rate, just figure out what baud rate it does support, and do a reconfigure on the driver and change the port settings to match whatever the VRCOP supports.
Dean Roddey
I thought doing the >SP3 command set the baud rate to 57600? Thats how I read the driver docs?
Oh, sorry. I saw the <E and was thinking you got an error, but it's E000, so it worked.

It's timing out during the initial enumeration of the units. Some unit isn't responding as it's trying to find the configured units and make sure that they are there and of the type configured and all that. I don't think that's as designed. The driver, I thought, should capture that and just mark the unit as missing and move on.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Version for XP znelbok 1 2,083 06-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  CQC hangs (latest beta) Bugman 7 4,755 11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  Version 5.0 thinking out loud Dean Roddey 25 9,580 10-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Last Post: pjgregory
  Rolling back version dogman 6 2,560 02-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Version 3.0 preview Dean Roddey 9 3,837 06-30-2009, 10:31 PM
  Time to move up to the latest beta Dean Roddey 2 1,868 04-28-2009, 08:58 AM
  UPB Status Error in Beta Version 2.4.26 Forefront Technologies 0 1,522 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Forefront Technologies
  Driver version checking robolo 11 5,486 09-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Last Post: robolo
  Latest Version dirtracinfan 11 4,920 12-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ellisr63