Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Error when working with Templates
I just installed the latest beta. when I go to add an element to a template, via right click, it get the error below rather than the expected menu that let's me insert a new button or whatever. Any help is appreciated.

Title: Interface Template Editor
Title2:
Line #: 4807/0/0
Msg: An unhandled CIDLib exception was thrown by GUI code
Msg2: Could not find menu item with id 522
Are you using short cuts you copied to the desktop to start up the designer? If so, particularly if you upgraded from a somewhat older version, be sure to delete them and recreate from the Start Menu area. It would have to be a pretty serious disfunction for that to happen in the shipped version under anything other than really pathological conditions.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I opened directly from the start menu and got essentially the same error:

Title: Interface Template Editor
Title2:
Line #: 4807/0/0
Msg: An unhandled CIDLib exception was thrown by GUI code
Msg2: Could not find menu item with id 522

Ill try a re boot.
same error after reboot - weird...
I would download the installer again and run it. It's rare but occasionally the installer has managed to get whacked during download in a way that isn't fatal but causes weird issues like this.
Dean Roddey
Did that help any?
Dean Roddey
I think I understand what is wrong. I am too stupid to know how to run the cqcsetup file from the admin command prompt, so I have been logging in under the windows 7 admin user to install the system. the system runs fine when I'm logged in under administrator, but when I log in under my non-admin windows id, I get the error described above. I suspect the answer is to run the cqcsetup script from my non-admin windows id from an admin command prompt.

My issue is I really don't know how to do that - I have tried start followed by the path to cqsetup. I have tried everything. I know this is really basic and embarrassing, but please let me know what syntax, secret trick, whatever, there is to running the cqcsetup from the admin command line.
You do need to run the installer from an Admin prompt, else it can't do what it needs to do. What you want to do probably is log in under your regular account, then right click on the command prompt and do Run as Administrator, and run the installer from that. That way it installs from the regular user account, but has the rights it needs.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  client driver error after upgrade to 4.8.1 batwater 1 2,170 12-31-2015, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Auto generation Error dpass 6 3,417 06-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Last Post: pbohannon
  Auto-gen error finish.06 6 3,147 06-10-2014, 02:32 AM
Last Post: finish.06
  Unknown Error pjgregory 2 2,225 05-16-2014, 06:08 AM
  Problems with relative templates. pjgregory 5 3,048 03-10-2014, 08:59 AM
  Media Repo Item Browser error pinballmark 10 6,215 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Error when trying to use Room Config - Auto Gen jokermac 4 3,280 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
  913 Small Error DaveB 0 1,579 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Is Zone Violated filter not working in rbroders 3 1,980 02-02-2013, 06:55 PM
  CQC Install, Now error - Could not open the store file for object store 'CIDCfgSrvRep Sendero 6 3,847 08-04-2011, 04:18 PM