Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class: Security
So, folks have reported that they can't disarm if they start arming and the panel goes into a countdown mode. In such situations, the current arming mode doesn't show armed yet, and the logic available via the V2 interface doesn't think there's any need to disarm. Whether you are doing an arm or disarm depends on the current armed status.

So I guess we really do need to (as I mentioned previously) include the arm'ing' status as well. The Elk, Omni, and DSC would all support this, and worst case it should be fairly straightforward to fake if required in some future driver. It just indicates the states along the way of the process of arming.

All we really need, for generic purposes, is a Boolean. Are we currently in the act of arming or not. Then, the arm/disarm popup could know it should offer to disarm even if the area isn't yet actually armed.

So I guess I need to ahead and make that change and update the existing three drivers.
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Probably no one will know this, but we have expanded this class to include an 'arming' field, to indicate the device is in the process of arming but not armed yet. I was updating the Omni driver to support this.

The docs clearly say that if bit 3 of the arming mode value is set, then instead of Day, Away, Night, etc... it is in the arming version of those normal modes, so Arming Day, Arming Away, etc... I was going to use this to set the arming field, and then just clear it when we either get to a real disarmed or armed mode.

But that bit is never set. I can arm away, and the Omni clearly goes into exit delay countdown mode, but all I ever see from the Omni is the actual mode, in this case Away. The 'in progress' arming modes are never reported, i.e. the third bit is never set. And I do get one notification at the start of the delay and another at the end, so you'd think that the first one would have the bit set, but it doesn't. So, if I arm away, both reports just indicate regular away mode. The first one doesn't indicate arming away.

Not that it is a huge deal. The reason for the arming field is because some devices don't report that they are armed until the countdown completes. Therefore CQC can't know it's ok to let you disarm until it's fully armed. Since the Omni reports the new arming mode immediately, when the countdown starts, then we will appear to be in armed mode during the countdown. So that is sufficient to deal with the issue.

But it would be nice to not set the armed mode until it really completes arming, so that it acts like other devices. But without being able to know the arming delay is going on, I can't do this.

Anybody got any thoughts on that?
Dean Roddey
Actually it looks like the Elk does the same, and doesn't even claim to report such things. It also goes directly into the requested arm mode, even while the countdown is underway.
Dean Roddey
I updated the device class description to include the new Arming field. I tested the Omni and it lets me disarm during countdown. But, it actually never reports itself as being in any of the intermediate modes anyway. As soon as the countdown starts, it sends a report that it is already in the new mode. So, that makes the IV already know it's armed, and so will allow a disarm.

I updated the driver to deal with reporting the intermediate modes first, so that should work if yours does, but mine doesn't. Not sure why.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Class: Thermostat Dean Roddey 17 4,016 01-29-2016, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Class: SceneCtrl Dean Roddey 20 2,503 03-31-2015, 12:38 PM
  Class: Irrigation Dean Roddey 8 1,312 01-28-2015, 12:09 PM
  Class: NowPlaying Dean Roddey 8 1,294 09-23-2014, 02:01 PM