Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.4 Beta Discussion Thread
Did that work for you?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks Dean, all set now. These are very useful little feature you've added! I think I actually had this working earlier but was looking for the timer to flash to 0x0. It resets and counts back up so quick in nanoseconds I didn't notice it was actually starting over until I used a longer count up time,not enough sleep last night...
909 appears to work well with respect to the tray monitor - It has survived two hibernates and each time has the proper number of title in iTunes after awakening. As expected, CQC itself does not survive a hibernate and the tray app show the appropriate status of "Service is stopped". About the only negative comment is that the tray app icon is so indistinct that it can be visually hard to find in a crowded tray (I have 27 icons in there at the present).
Mark Stega
Yeh, we actually have no CQSL or CQC 'icons' at al. It's something I've thought about a lot, but really haven't come up with any ideas for something that is both distinctive and that would be remotely recognizable at those very small sizes.
Dean Roddey
I've release 4.3.1. This is essentially the same as 4.3.909, just rebuilt as a non-beta release for those folks not using any betas. This functionality is quite well tested at this point. If you are using any betas, don't try to load 4.3.1, since you are already 'past' it as far as the installer is concerned and it wouldn't therefore let you load it. You already have access to that functionality by just continuing to move forward through the betas.

Hopefully now we can start making more significant changes towards a 4.4 release, without having to worry about a code split, since 4.3.1 takes care of most of the remaining smaller issues that have come up since 4.3.0 was released.
Dean Roddey
Are you certain that "The iTunes repo driver should be building up the unique album id (which is how tracks are associated into collections in the repo) from the album artist and album title, not the track artist and title. Using the track artist means that compilations will show up one item to a title set, because they will all have different track level artist names. You still need to make sure that you force iTunes to set the album level artist for compilations, since it's not always there in the metadata it downloads. Regular albums don't matter since they will have the same artist for every track." made it into 909? It still seems to be using the artists for the track as my CDs are still splitting into multiple titles. I also do not see a preference for compilations in iTunes.
Mark Stega
Often iTunes doesn't set the album artist, so you have to do it yourself. I put in four or five compilation CDs I have and only a couple of them had album artist automatically set. I had to force Various Artists into that field for the others in order to get them to conglomerate, which is what I meant above by forcing it. Just select them all, do Get Info, and set the album artist for them all. You'd think it would be better about such things when it sees that they all have different item level artists.

I'm assuming that their own collection of tracks into an album is based on some knowledge that they were ripped at the same time, not on the album artist setting, since they clearly don't need it in order to group the tracks. I guess if we could find out what that is, if it's actually exposed, we could do the same.

In retrospect, maybe just the fact that it shows up in a given collection that isn't marked as a playlist might be sufficient, I dunno. I'd have to dig into that a bit.
Dean Roddey
Will CQC ever get the capability to scan a HDD for music and import it into the CQC Repo?
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.
At some point it'll happen. It's just a lot of work that needs to be found time for. One issue of course is that it would have to have embedded metadata, since we have no way to get metadata for random files on a disc.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:At some point it'll happen. It's just a lot of work that needs to be found time for. One issue of course is that it would have to have embedded metadata, since we have no way to get metadata for random files on a disc.
If you were able to import through a xml file it would be nice... I know JRiver and others export the libray info via xml. If the CQC Repo could just read that file it would be awesome!
tia, Ron

My HT...
Yamaha CX-A5100, (4) JBL 8320s), PS3, Celeron NUC, (2) Furman rack conditioners, APC HT conditioner, (2) APC Battery Backups, Panamorph UH-480, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, DIY B&O amp modules, Pro-Ject RPM Turntable, DIY audio rack, Klipch 402  horns.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official 5.4 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 441 41,754 06-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Official 5.4 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 55 7,323 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Official 5.3 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 815 151,300 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.3 Release Thread Dean Roddey 27 7,910 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 244 87,644 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  Official 5.2 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 13 8,804 10-09-2017, 06:49 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Discussion Thread Dean Roddey 453 197,129 05-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  Official 5.1 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 28 19,502 05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Discussions Dean Roddey 2,019 489,144 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
  Official 5.0 Beta Release Thread Dean Roddey 15 13,314 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM