Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
918 AutoGen Issue
Dean: Just fired up an autogen with the latest beta release and it wouldn't complete the process with the following error. Any clues?

'/CQC/CQCServer/Admins/' is not a binding, it is a scope node

Bugman
Looks like a missing moniker. The config dialog should be checking for that but may be missing something. So it's getting an empty string, which would have been tacked onto the end of that path. So make sure everything that is enabled has a moniker set. I'll go throught he validation again to make sure I'm catching all such possibilities.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean: On 918 and now on 919 (tried this to see if it helped) some strange behavior with the CQC Field Browser. All the driver fields go red every 5 seconds or so, and while you're checking on a field in a particular driver, the field browser will skip back to your first driver. Rather annoying when you're trying to check on a field in a specific driver.

Also getting this in the logs on two drivers one of which that I wrote (AudioControl Director 46 is a PDL driver). I haven't seen either one appear in the logs before 918.

CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverCfg.cpp.1840, Warn/Data Format
Invalid device category 'EDevCat_Audio Switcher in manifest. Make/Model=AudioControl/Director 46

04/02 08:59:00-CQC-HTPC, CQCDataSrv, CQCDataSrvMainThread

CQCKit, CQCKit_DriverCfg.cpp.1840, Warn/Data Format
Invalid device category 'EDevCat_Misc in manifest. Make/Model=EventGhost/EventGhost-DE

Thanks in advance.

Bugman
Those messages aren't really a problem. They are just warnings. Just a quick fix in the manifest would take care of them.

The field browser flashing like that means a driver is cycling. You'll have to go to the host admin dialog and see which one is cycling. You should see the status going round and round and see the lost connection or lost comm res stats going up every five seconds.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Those messages aren't really a problem. They are just warnings. Just a quick fix in the manifest would take care of them.

The field browser flashing like that means a driver is cycling. You'll have to go to the host admin dialog and see which one is cycling. You should see the status going round and round and see the lost connection or lost comm res stats going up every five seconds.

Dean: Found it. One of the serial ports was used twice, but upon further analysis, when the Zreo ZeeBox serial cable is disconnected while the driver is loaded it goes into the cycling loop again. I don't see that on other devices I've worked with. Is that a driver issue that needs to be brought to the attention of the driver developer?

Bugman
Yeh, it sounds like there's something a wee bit off with that driver if it's doing that. It should get the serial port and then just stay at trying to connect. It sounds like it's actually thinking it's connected, then figures out it hasn't and recycles.
Dean Roddey
Bugman Wrote:Dean: Just fired up an autogen with the latest beta release and it wouldn't complete the process with the following error. Any clues?

'/CQC/CQCServer/Admins/' is not a binding, it is a scope node

Bugman

Dean: This is still happening, using 918 on Win7. I configured the autogen today again to give it a try. Nothing is working. I even tried with not using any drivers in the actual templates (all tabs for various functions (e.g. audio, weather) defaulted to not used, and still blowing up with this error. I also get locked up in the inteface viewer with no error thrown but you can't exit or open up another template. Interacting witht the templates in the viewer is generally crashing it similar to Ron Haley's post.

Also when deleting a template within the edit room configuration screen I get this upon deleting the last template in a room I had set up before.

Title: Edit Room Configuration
Title2:
Line #: 2/0/0
Msg: An unhandled CIDLib exception was thrown by GUI code
Msg2: 0 is not a valid index for the TListWndBase object. Count=0
Can you send me the file in [cqc]\CQCData\SysCfg\ that you have set up (with a reasonable setup and which fails with that error)? Is this happening upon startup immediately or after you've loaded it and are doing something?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Can you send me the file in [cqc]\CQCData\SysCfg\ that you have set up (with a reasonable setup and which fails with that error)? Is this happening upon startup immediately or after you've loaded it and are doing something?

It fails right at the end of completing the generation process. I will forward.
Bugman Wrote:It fails right at the end of completing the generation process. I will forward.

Dean: Check you email inbox. I couldn't upload this file type to the website.

Bugman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4.5.20 autogen calendar questions... this is just a curiusity thing...no issue per se SomeWhatLost 3 2,420 10-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Auto-Gen Issue Two finish.06 9 3,571 08-26-2014, 08:08 AM
  Auto Gen Issue DaveB 6 2,896 08-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Last Post: dgilpin
  HttpClient issue resolving IP jkish 60 18,898 07-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Last Post: jkish
  916 and 920 calc issue bbrendon 9 3,655 04-07-2013, 09:51 PM
  Timed field issue karenlee 6 2,832 02-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Last Post: karenlee
  3.3.6 driver issue rm1759 2 2,819 08-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Last Post: rm1759
  LAST issue I've found with Zoomplayer Roscoe62 0 1,748 05-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Roscoe62
  2.0.11 IV issue, well maybe... might be something else... SomeWhatLost 11 5,521 01-27-2007, 01:42 PM
  2.2.7 Theatertek driver issue I am having 0 577 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: