Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Native Android app (auto-gen based)
Okay thanks! I don't think Wuench's ISY driver uses the semantic field types, so that is probably why the room config did not give me any options to choose the driver. I was really just playing around with it and not sure if I would use it or not, but you did some nice work for your experiment.
Make sure you are using the latest version of the driver. I thought he added that stuff, but it may not be in the shipped version yet.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Actually it looks like it's in the shipped version, so make sure you aren't using an older User version of the driver. You can tell in the field browser. It shows type and semantic type when you select a field.
Dean Roddey
The driver I am using is "Universal Devices ISY Insteon" Version 2.1, it does have (DEV) listed in the comments, but it shows the semantic as Light Switch and Dimmer.

However, in the Room Configuration, when I go to the Lights tab, it does not list anything in the selection list below it. Did I miss a step somewhere?
I'm forgetting a bit how the room config worked back then, but you are double clicking on a lighting slot to configure it? And keep in mind that it's only settable at the room level, not the underlying room template level.
Dean Roddey
That did it, I was expecting it to have a list populated there, rather than have to double click. Thanks!
There are four slots you can set up per-room, so it's letting you pick what to put in the slots.
Dean Roddey
so, i didnt read this thread, and i dont have android, but is this still actively developed?

ran across this guy:

http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-P1742.aspx

which might be solid for $170. i cant find a win8 tablet/dock anywhere near that price, and the launchport alone (for ipad) is twice that.

according to specs you can run Android apps on it.
No, it was just an experiment. Our ultimate target is an HTML5 based client, which is what all of the Websockets stuff we just got into place is in preparation for. That's really the only practical way to address multiple non-Windows platforms.
Dean Roddey
ah, got ya. ive been researching control screens, in case no one could tell. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android RIVA Client: taRiva Fonceur 1,066 319,951 01-04-2019, 04:52 AM
Last Post: kfly
  native scroll for android client pasha 14 14,854 05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  android app burkepaol4 1 8,957 12-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  10 android burkepaol4 4 10,798 12-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Last Post: burkepaol4
  Android client ? willplaice 33 38,123 08-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Fonceur