Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up a "asterisk" phone system with an Obi ATA
If I understand your situation, you say that you have the GV destination set for "Extension 1001". That is the Obi device which is why incoming phone calls are only going to the Obi device and not the IP phones. You need to set the GV destination to a ring group that has all the extensions listed in it (1001, 301, 401). That way all the phones will ring and any of the phones can answer the ringing line.
Brian

"Really dear, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, look at what it does now...."
I think my wife is getting a little tired of hearing this :-)
sic0048 Wrote:If I understand your situation, you say that you have the GV destination set for "Extension 1001". That is the Obi device which is why incoming phone calls are only going to the Obi device and not the IP phones. You need to set the GV destination to a ring group that has all the extensions listed in it (1001, 301, 401). That way all the phones will ring and any of the phones can answer the ringing line.

Thanks Brian - Setting up the ring group worked. My thinking originally was I had setup a second line (Ext) on my phone and assumed it would ring to that Line (Ext) when dialed. I also just now got my Doorbell working but just as an FYI for anyone reading this thread I had setup a separate Extension for the doorbell on my PIAF and plugged it into sp2 on my Obihai 202 similar to what I did for my analog phone and included the Ext and password in the Obi setup.
At first on a button press I got a dial tone and after about 5sec a busy signal. After further research I was pointed to this thread
[HTML]https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1236.0[/HTML]

Followed the instructions and pointed it to my ring group and it worked with no issue. I now have to work on a Distinctive Ring for my Office Line and the Door Phone which should get me where I want to be, with some minor tweaks here and there.

Once again, thanks for your patience and your Tutorial which has been very helpful.

Paul
just my 2 eurocents...

i use http://www.rtx.dk/RTX8630-2563.aspx 4 bases and 16 handsets
to cover 3 floors concrete house. the phones able to make roaming with the bases, i putted bases at same places where i put WIFI AP, only with their cabling becouse of POE.
OK so I have my Obi202 working as an extension with my cordless phones - check. Obi working with the doorbell as an extension - Check. Now I would like to set up three ring tones or Distinctive rings.

1. Home Line
2. Office Line
3. Doorbell

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with the Cisco 7970 but I have set up a ringlist.xml in the Config file and the phone sees the list but am getting no sound when I try the preview. Once that is sorted I would like to get the phones to work with an IP camera at the front door. First things first though - Distinctive Rings.

Thanks in advance - Paul

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting up a HW RAID system IVB 10 8,977 03-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Last Post: klindy