Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lutron Radio RA2
Oh, BTW, one issue with triggered events is that they can access incoming trigger info. That's why they aren't testable directly like scheduled events, because as in your case above, there would be no incoming event info to provide. It could prompt you for it but the event format is pretty specific and it would be tricky to get folks to put it in right.

However, you can generally cheat for initial setup of the event, by just setting it up in a dummy user interface on a button. Replace the first line that gets the trigger info with a couple lines to just put dummy info into the variables temporarily. Then you can run it with the action trace and see what all is going on. When you are happy with it, just Copy All and go paste it back into the triggered event.

Kind of a hack, but in the meantime until some way is figured out to support testing these guys interactively, it works.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks Dean. I setup my wife's Pico remote (one on each side of the bed) by just copying and pasting to a new event trigger. It took less than 5 minutes for me to make the changes in the RadioRa 2 software and in CQC. Nice!

Regarding the 'Is This User Action', I'd used it if it allowed a "starts with" instead of an actual button press, meaning if it paid attention to "ParticularButton" instead of "ParticularButtonOn-2" then I would use it. I'd like to keep the related buttons from a keypad in a single routine instead of having a huge list of triggers.

I don't know how to do global actions but that sounds like the next thing for me to learn. Thanks! Smile

David
The values of the filters can usually be regular expressions. So just check the regular expression checkbox to the right of the user action data value, and set the value to this:

ParticularButton-.*

That means ParticularButton followed by a dash, then any number of other characters. If you wanted to be more specific, do this:

ParitcularButton-[0-9]*

That would be Particular button followed by a dash, then any number of numeric digits.
Dean Roddey
Awesome. I noticed that but didn't register it at the time. As a matter of fact, I had to do some regular expression work on Friday with SQL Integration Services. That adds considerable flexibility for me. Thanks!

Can the regular expressions be used in code or any other notable uses in CQC for them?
There are some other places where they are used. In the expression system that's used in various places, mostly in the user interface, and a couple action commands use them, and a couple other places that I'm blanking out on.
Dean Roddey
How do you handle the occupancy sensors? Should they be added as buttons or LEDS or does that not work yet?
They currently aren't supported. I didn't have any to test against. If someone is willing to send me a sensor to test against I'll add the support.
Dean Roddey
Dean,

Please tell me what you have and I'll see about placing an order for some of the things you don't have and see if I can get those in your hands. I don't have an occupancy sensor handy but if someone else has one to share, let us know. Thanks.

David
I have a little demo kit. It's just the main repeater, one 6 button keypad, and two dimmers. I also have the visor thing and the little pico. But something is wrong with the visor gaget and it doesn't work. It can't be added to the network no matter what I do. I didn't figure it was that big a deal so I didn't bother trying to get them to replace it.
Dean Roddey
I don't know if it's a change in the 6.0 version of the Essentials software but I do see a button event for keypad buttons that have been configured for a scene type operation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  W800RF32 by WGL (32 bit radio receiver) driver by BPH bph 68 22,525 05-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  XM Radio Channel Information Driver Jonathan 168 42,185 09-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Pandora Radio using Sproxy. pasha 59 18,125 09-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Last Post: batwater
  Lutron IP Driver pseigler 15 9,181 08-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  XM Radio & Pandora 0 324 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  HD Radio 0 312 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: